Help! Thinking of purchasing an axe fx ii this weekend

Your postal carrier/UPS driver may wonder what is up after you get the Axe, as if your like me, you no longer will have several pedals and other related gear coming each and every week.

I used to spend so much time scouring Ebay, TGP, PGS et al., for new pedals to buy and try, ordering different speakers, tubes you name it. Now with the Axe, I haven't bought one piece of hardware since. If I want a different sounding wah, I just tweak the multiple parameters in the Axe and adjust the sweep, range, drive etc to give me something new.

Really does save a ton of money overall I think.

To the OP- I am getting tones I only dreamed about using other "Main Stream" boxes, and I tried hard with those for years... Altho I have not tried them all yet, one would be hard pressed to come up with a better electric guitar preamp/fx/cab box.I am very pleased with my Axe FX II !

Expensive .... well I'd say thats all relative considering that some people are plugging in guitars worth twice or 3 times as much.

Thing is even those top end guitars are just lumps of wood if you don't plug them in to something ..... however the AxeFX will accommodate guitars of all budgets and make them sound good. Well maybe not all low budget guitars as I haven't tried them all ..... but I even got a semi decent tone from my daughter's old 3/4 scale pink Barbie one with 5 year old strings

Hey all,
Im currently using a protone attack overdrive into my elevenrack using a Logidy epsi c for cabinet IRs. It sounds pretty darn good but Im craving for something like what Periphery or Animals as Leaders has going in their current rigs.
-Narsh

Both of the groups with the sound you are "going for" use (and recorded with) the axe-fx.. at least to my knowledge. So I'm pretty sure you can get those (and pretty much any other tone you are looking for).

100% agreed. The AxeFX is the best piece of musical equipment I have ever purchased.

Truth right here for me.

I agonized for ages, worried about all the minutae, poured over YouTube videos, prowled the forums here and finally bit the bullet last year.
There WAS a brief (and steep) learning curve to deal with, but after a few days once I took a step back and followed the advice here and 'build a simple preset without a bunch of effects and/or advanced routing and controls, just an amp and cab' I fell immediately in love and really regretted not having moved over sooner.

Kept it, tweaked it, learned as much as I could (which is an ongoing process) and after a few gigs and studio days started selling off my tube amp collection.
I kept one amp, a really nice customized to my specs prototype from a friend who's a boutique amp builder. (I won't admit to him that it pretty much sits in a corner at this point, but it's got some sentimental value, so it stays.)

Back
Top Bottom