Help: Think my Axe 2 Mark 1 has just bricked

Japster

Inspired
Just upgraded to Quantum 9.01 beta

Was running some batch updates via fractool when it froze, so I rebooted then got the screens attached. It seems to cycle through some different lights every few setting but goes no further.

Is there any hope?

IMG_2462.JPG IMG_2463.JPG IMG_2464.JPG IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2466.JPG IMG_2467.JPG IMG_2468.JPG IMG_2469.JPG IMG_2470.JPG

Hopefully you made a backup of your previous version. I would load up the previous version and see if it works. If it does, then you can try to reload 9.1, or just stick with your previous version.

Did you try the "safe" boot? You have to hold down one of the buttons when powering in. I think it is the Bypass or Enter button but don't remember.

Sounds like a bad (corrupt) preset.

Try this. Power-up the unit while pressing RECALL and once the unit is fully booted, press the STORE key and then the ENTER key two times. That will store the blank preset in the current slot. Then power-off and boot again normally (without pressing RECALL).

If that works, then try to switch presets. If the unit freezes when you change to another preset, you should overwrite all the corrupted presets with blank ones.

Unix-guy

You are a lifesaver, held down Enter whilst booting and it's back :D

There is still a problem though, think it's a corrupt preset 106. This is the place it froze initially, every time I go past it it freezes.

I'm re-applying 9.00 and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom