Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know this until I posted it? No? I think it's safe to assume that Joe Public has no idea whatsoever about the death counts due to various causes. That's what I meant by "nobody".

People are dying from Covid. People die from complications due to diarrhea. People die because of vehicle crashes.
What's your point?

I can’t believe people are still comparing this to the common flu. I have no words.

Well, let me be the first to jump in and agree with you Chris....and provide an example.

One of my really close friends has COVID-19.
He is 47, very healthy, an athlete, and married with 3 kids.

He has had a high fever for 2 weeks. He has been in the hospital for the past 5 days.
He has pneumonia and last night was sedated and put on a ventilator.
The last text he sent (which was yesterday, before he was sedated) was - "this is so hard"
(I have a pit in my stomach just having to write that)

This guy is as tough as they get. He is the last person that would ever admit something was painful or 'hard'.
For him to say that, gives me a lot of perspective on what it must be like to have COVID-19.

STAY
THE
F*CK
HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Was reading that a couple dozen kids in Kentucky decided to have a Covid-19 party cause they all thought it was BS.
Week later one of the kids tested positive.

Re: Spanish Flu
Despite its name, most researchers believe it actually began at a Kansas army base in the spring of 1918. It killed between some 50 million worldwide and over 675,000 people died here in the United States at a time when our population was one-third its current size. To put it in perspective, that's more Americans than were killed in World War I, World War II, the Korean War and in Vietnam ... combined."

Last edited:
This is how much distance I'm putting between me and the rest of civilization. It was eerily quiet out here today. A single small plane went over at one point but otherwise there wasn't a manmade sound to be heard.

Looks very peaceful. That house on the island is nice and secluded. What lake is that?

It’s going to grow for a while even under the best of circumstances. At least to 1M infected I wouldn’t worry too much. That’s your yearly flu haul. If it goes beyond 1M, there maybe some reason for concern.
Almost every projection shows more than 1M infected.. it’s going to happen next week. No need to wait for that day to stop comparing it to the flu. 🙄

Here's a NYC doctor on the front lines who is one who decides which patients get ventilators. He thinks it is primarily transmitted through contact, not the aerosols but rather via droplets on surfaces or sprayed (e.g. coughing, sneezing, spitting procedures). He doesn't quote sources but is pretty sure.

This is an excellent video. It's really long, but the information that this doctor gives is excellent. Following his advice will go a long way toward slowing the progress of this virus. The connection between wearing a mask and not touching your face is probably why the Asian countries have been more successful in slowing the progress in their communities. The mask is simply a constant reminder not to touch your face.

It’s going to grow for a while even under the best of circumstances. At least to 1M infected I wouldn’t worry too much. That’s your yearly flu haul. If it goes beyond 1M, there maybe some reason for concern.
With the current rate of growth it's looking like it will pass the 1 million mark in just a couple days. Is that 'reason for concern' enough for you? This time next week we may have almost 2 million infected. Is THAT reason for 'concern' enough for you?

Wonder what this will look like in another week.
0HqwPp1.jpg

In some asian countries masks have been common before. The ones with a cold wear them to protect people around them. It's not for themselves!
That what it's about this time too, you avoid coughing and sneezing to others. It will not protect as much from getting the virus as it protects from spreading it. Since many infected don't know they already got it, everyone should wear one when in direcr contact with others.

At the time of this writing there are 702,348 cases

It is textbook exponential growth. Look it up.

Measures taken to date are far too little and far too late to prevent the spread. We won't see a reduction for a couple WEEKS at least, providing everyone takes measures and stays at home, but many are totally ignoring it, so it's going to take MUCH longer

If you can't understand the exponential curve it makes no sense commenting here with your opinion, the facts and data is speaking for itself. In bodies. Dead people. Wake up!

In some asian countries masks have been common before. The ones with a cold wear them to protect people around them. It's not for themselves!
That what it's about this time too, you avoid coughing and sneezing to others. It will not protect as much from getting the virus as it protects from spreading it. Since many infected don't know they already got it, everyone should wear one when in direcr contact with others.

Yes. And since it's a common practice in those countries it's no big deal. Here in American, we're either too egotistical, or too vain to wear them.

This is really the most fucked up thing posted in this thread. It is the perfect example of the absolutely ridiculous attitude that so many Americans have about this pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom