Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lauke-lux
http://bijsluiters.fagg-afmps.be/DownloadLeafletServlet?id=134591
Si le lien fonctionne, c’est la notice médecin du Plaquenil.

Personnellement, je ne prendrais pas le risque de l’associer à l’azithromycine à cause du risque d’interaction médicamenteuse pouvant mener à une arythmie cardiaque mortelle (torsade de pointe). Le problème est que l’étude de Raoult semble montrer une diminution du portage viral mais on ne sait pas quel est l’impact clinique ni l’impact sur le déroulement de la maladie.
La question reste la balance entre un bénéfice encore inconnu versus des effets secondaires potentiellement graves.

Le Plaquenil est donné aux malades covid dans les hôpotaux belges depuis le début et avant l’étude marseillaise.
Thanks for that post, this explains the hesitation and the need for taking some distance for sound reasons. We'll have to wait and see what further research brings up. OTOH if the immediate result shows this drug can prevent people from having to go to intensive care it is a good option. Time will tell soon certainly.

Last edited:
China should not be considered a success. Their stats cannot be trusted, especially with information like this:

8.1 millions mobile users disappeared from the network? That's definitely suspicious.

Maybe, but 8.1 Mio people that disappeared "leaving their phones on earth" would have had some news coverage, even from China; are you sure what this graphic is about ?

8.1 millions mobile users disappeared from the network? That's definitely suspicious.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that millions of people, upon first noticing symptoms, the first thing they did was immediately call their telecom company and cancel their service? :).

The far more likely explanation is the one that has been widely reported: many migrant workers no longer need a second phone due to the travel ban.

Look, China doesn't have a great reputation for openness, but the WHO has been on the ground there in recent weeks and has expressed confidence in the numbers. Further, their numbers are corroborated by the numbers coming out of of S. Korea.

Those who choose to do so can refuse treatment and wait for quadruple blind randomised studies to be completed to confirm that the results are inconclusive.

For the rest, multiple small scale studies will produce results by late next week. If someone is heading towards the grave, I see no reason not to use an "unproven" but promising drug.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6744766/hydroxychloroquine-lynn-valley-care-centre-coronavirus/
Yes, that's what I think also from a personal point of view, but at least it explains certain motivated hesitations. OTOH I suffered a very mean form of ungeal psoriasis (stress related) 7 years ago, it completely disappeared within one year using very heavy treatments. The idea of suffering a ressurgence of that - apparently one of the possible secondary effects - is not very inspiring. Of course facing death it would not be the same type of choice..

What? No, you didn’t notice until now. There’s a CDC page precisely because it has been noticed, duh? Geez.
Did you know this until I posted it? No? I think it's safe to assume that Joe Public has no idea whatsoever about the death counts due to various causes. That's what I meant by "nobody".

My buddies girlfriend.. did not get it...
his ex wife didn't catch it from the kids...
son did not get it
5 yr old daughter got sick for 2 days.. he is not 100%.

This man made virus that infects men twice as much... something to do with estrogen I wonder..

Nobody here in France concerns somebody who catched COVID as being "dirty".
Initially.. people thought it was more the fault if the person... he was afraid to notify work...
now he says so many people have it... they dont think so much about it that way...
he got sick starting 3 weeks ago

My buddies girlfriend.. did not get it...
his ex wife didn't catch it from the kids...
son did not get it
5 yr old daughter got sick for 2 days.. he is not 100%.

This man made virus that infects men twice as much... something to do with estrogen I wonder..
How is his future ex-wife doing ?

For F@H stats, how often is this updated: https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/236174 ? Does anyone know? It's been less than 24 hours, but I'm seeing about 3GPUs worth of continuous workload, and CPUs are kicking in occasionally. I'd think I should be on the list at this point, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
For F@H stats, how often is this updated: https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/236174 ? Does anyone know? It's been less than 24 hours, but I'm seeing about 3GPUs worth of continuous workload, and CPUs are kicking in occasionally. I'd think I should be on the list at this point, no?

Really depends on how much work is being sent out there. I go quiet for 3 days, then have a continuous run of a day.

You'll show. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom