Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing this? The following site says infections and deaths were up again after 2 days of decline.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Same site. The numbers must have changed since I checked. The last numbers that were posted and the ones I used, we’re up to and including yesterday.

[Edit]

I just double-checked my numbers and according to the data points on the worldometers graph for Italy, the deltas I posted are correct.

Last edited:
Same site. The numbers must have changed since I checked. The last numbers that were posted and the ones I used, we’re up to and including yesterday.

[Edit]

I just double-checked my numbers and according to the data points on the worldometers graph for Italy, the deltas I posted are correct.
I don’t follow. Look at the numbers at the bottom of the page I linked. It has daily summary. I’d be glad to be proven wrong but I don’t think that’s the case.

I think the virus is also infecting people from the air. It's also airborne virus.

All these people who have caught the virus have touched the virus and touched thier eye or mouth, or have been near someone coughing or sneezing?

The Princes Diamond: who caught the virus, boarded a vacant ship... I dont know if there were any staff members who were on the previous cruise.. probably. The previous cruise was Covid contaminated, but it was unknown.

Wearing masks around incubated people put into commas who dont sneeze or cough?

Are you sure about this 6ft rule? what about 6ft downwind?

This virus in context of virus size... is very very small. And because of this its extremely lofty. Is getting airborne via exhaled water vapor.

It lives 3 hrs in the air..at least.

I wear a mask now in all situations

I think you should also be wearing a mask in all public environments... even outside and obeying the 6ft rule.

Last edited:
From the WH presser today: NY folks are leaving NY and go all over the country. Crude estimate is ~1/1000 is infected.

I wonder how many people with "nu yok" accent will be shot for just being in the wrong place.

I think the virus is also infecting people from the air. It's also airborne virus.

Airborne is a confusing term. You need to be more specific.
If an infected person sneezes in a room:
Pheumatic = a minute later you can safely walk through the room and not get infected by the air.
Aerosol = you need to stay out of the room for hours or you'll get infected by the air.

Covid-19 is pneumatic and not aerosol.

Looks like the charts are a day behind. Mar 24th stats were published.

March 19-20, delta 5,986
March 20-21, delta 6,557
March 21-22, delta 5,560
March 22-23, delta 4,789

March 23-24, delta ‭5,249‬

Higher than the previous delta, but lower than the delta before. Let's hope it's a blip and the trend will continue downward!!

Airborne is a confusing term. You need to be more specific.
If an infected person sneezes in a room:
Pheumatic = a minute later you can safely walk through the room and not get infected by the air.
Aerosol = you need to stay out of the room for hours or you'll get infected by the air.

Covid-19 is pneumatic and not aerosol.
Thanks for the info..
And aerosol..also needs to be clarified.. theres a true aerosol... and then theres aerosolized.
New evidence is suggesting that it can be aerosolized.
I can see Chinas behavior... everyone in masks, medical staff in sealed HAZMAT suits with supplemental air.
They already know that it can be aerosolized.. from the writing on the wall

These are official data for today in Italy
View attachment 65386
@Diego , I think there's something wrong with that graph, the number of total cases can't go down if it includes all reported cases (all infected, healed and dead people).
Probably the red line is "currently infected" (EDIT: nope, see below)
The pink line is "new cases" for sure cuz it looks identical to this taken from the protezione civile website.

IMG_20200325_013956.jpg

https://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/b0c68bce2cce478eaac82fe38d4138b1

IMG_20200325_014329.jpg

PS: it seems the red line in the graph you posted is just a sum of new cases + daily deaths + daily healed. Summing those numbers makes no sense imho.

The good news is the number of new infections which went down for three days in a row (the pink line in your graph) and the flattening of the curve for currently active cases (the yellow line in this last graph).

Last edited:
So things here in the UK are on the cusp of getting very very serious , rather than just plain old very serious.
We have I guess a 60% shutdown right now?
Only food shops and home/hardware/diy stores should be open.
People can go to work but only if they absolutely have too.
1.5 million people with serious medical conditions got letters from the NHS saying they had to stay home for 12 Weeks.
My workplace sent home maybe 50 people with medical conditions for 12 weeks on full pay but 2 weeks of that time comes out of their holiday entitlement which is around 6-7 weeks per year.
We are of course heading for the inevitable complete shutdown where food retailers,police and the NHS are the only ones at work.
Everyones waiting for it.
A couple of weeks ago people were saying that would be an overreaction ,now they want it. I think thats part of the plan personally....

i’ve been catching up on stuff in the US. New York is having a terrible time right now and Trump wants everyone back to work by Easter?
As we say in England “ ‘ave a word”

I wish more people were like you. Unfortunately that's not the case. Which is why the word Corona was crossed out and Chinese was used instead.
no, actually that was said very few times but the media shoves it in your face for a singular reason

no, once again that is what the media is doing and I feel for the ones that are fully digesting everything they spit out

they (media) have beaten the same dead horse for years, so why stop now?

so Chinese is more powerful than China? this is a %100 mental thing giving power to one over the other

Why is it that things require the country of origin on them? Why are there American cars, European cars, Japanese cars, CHINESE cars? because of the point of origin - if you research you will find most last names originated from the area a person was from.

The choice of words does matter a lot.

There are the 3 things that shape our existence:

• Mind actions
  • Verbal actions
  • Bodily actions

That is Mindfulness 101

These actions can be skillful or unskillful, depending on their intentions and results. Those that cause harm and pain, in short or long term, are unskillful.

If we were all constantly mindful of our mind/verbal/bodily actions with the objective of abandoning the unskillful ones and develop the skillful ones, this world would be an amazing place to live.

Stigmatization can cause harm and pain to others. That is the reason why it is unskillful to label a disease with the name of geographic locations, people’s names, racial groups, ethnicity, professions, foods, animals, etc., as that may have negative effects on nations, economies and people.

WHO Best Practices for the Naming of New Human Infectious Diseases:
https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/163636/WHO_HSE_FOS_15.1_eng.pdf?sequence=1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom