Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are turning out even worse than I predicted. I predicted 250K cases by the end of this month. Unfortunately I was much too conservative. At the current rate there will be over 1M cases by the end of month. Probably around 1.5M. Around 100K deaths. You don't want to know what the math shows for the end of April.

looting and rioting

Thought about that. Under the circumstances I'd think riots are out.
And it seems like all municipalities have priority #1 keeping utilities running,
and food shelves, gas stations, etc. all stocked, so there shouldn't be a need to loot.

My wife and kids have absolutely no problems whatsoever with shelter in place.
Would you??? (asking anyone)

Last edited:
Thought about that. Under the circumstances I'd think riots are out.
And it seems like all municipalities have priority #1 keeping utilities,
food shelves, gas stations, etc. all running, there shouldn't be a need to loot.

My wife and kids have absolutely no problems whatsoever with shelter in place.
Would you???
I have no problems with shelter in place either. I was merely sharing my POV. 25 years in the security industry. And although there may not be a need to loot, some folks don't need a reason, just an opportunity.

As opposed to a State Senator .... Since there are only two per state, I'd like to leave the name out of the discussion ....
That's fine... Wasn't asking for details about who. Only confused because as far as I know we only have State Senators.

I did reach out to a few folks.

The prevailing opinion is that we will be on 'home quarantine' very soon too, to as they have so aptly termed 'flatten the curve'. Maybe Cliff has better sources, but who I've spoken to say we are in the nascent planning stage, and preparing should that become necessary. Right now they are gaming this out to see what our rules will be here in the US, and what would be considered 'critical'.

I will STILL argue that this virus has been with us for a few months; we're just finding out now how many people have it, and who HAVE had it and are over it...

My conversations with someone in Italy have been...interesting. One person allowed out to shop for supplies, families in boxes for weeks on end. Not pretty.

The good news is that Folding has continued.

While I have not bought into the panic that we have seen, I realized that I (and my family) are/am in a unique position to be relatively comfortable compared to many in this world. I've been making donations to organizations that are helping those in dire need. It may not be nearly enough, but we really need to help each other through this.

While I considered the statements that there might be rioting and a rush on supplies to be shrill...I no longer think that. We have whole sectors of the economy that will NOT be able to pay for food over an extended amount of time. We need to help them, or they will do what they have to do to feed themselves and their families. Let's not go there.

I have carefully veered away from anything that might be in the area of questioning the reaction or actions of any administration across the world that may be dealing with this. Let's keep that going.

Yep, I'm scared.

R

Have a friend that got tested today. His coworker tested positive. He's had the throat, the fever...and finally got in for a test (it's not easy)
Overall he's doing pretty well, but test results he was told will be 5-7 days.

Me and my family have been shelter in place for a week now.
I did take my motorcycle out for a ride today as I'm starting to get stir crazy (and it was nice out, for the first time in a couple months.

My sister has it. She's pretty healthy, so for her it's been basically a fever for the past several days, aches, and lethargy. One of my good friends has it pretty bad. She has all the common flu-like symptoms but nothing too sever respiratory-wise.

Things are turning out even worse than I predicted. I predicted 250K cases by the end of this month. Unfortunately I was much too conservative. At the current rate there will be over 1M cases by the end of month. Probably around 1.5M. Around 100K deaths. You don't want to know what the math shows for the end of April.

It seems to be much worse than we were led to believe. The extreme measures being taking at first didn't seem to make much sense but now!? within the next week or so, most of us will know neighbors with it, or in our own homes.

Build 'hospitals'. Maybe even make stuff, like respirators.

I meant 'need the military to enforce shelter in place'.
We need the entire military machine to get involved from a medical
and organization standpoint.

Sign the damn order already top dog!

Although there may not be a need to loot, some folks don't need a reason, just an opportunity.

Oh, I get it. I have a special license for that very reason.
I just think that as long as we have electricity/gas/water, internet, ATMs, and stocked food shelves, why loot?

I simply said that you can catch germs through your eyes. I never said anything against wearing a mask.
No strawmen please.

23 of the lower 48 US states have a density of less than 100 people per square mile.
Plenty of spare room in the US alone.
WHERE WOULD WE GROW THE FOOD NUMBNUTS?? Taking a number of people and dividing by square mileage is about the stupidest, most simplistic view one can possibly take if a massively complex field if study.

We’re done here. You’re a textbook example of the Dunning-Krueger Effect in action.

They say men have double the mortality rate of women... they don't know why. Why would a virus care? They will understand why eventually. Could man design a virus that selective? I figured a virus wouldn't be designed to kill everyone... but more to misdirect and deplete resources and decrease a countries wealth.... but if its kills men... then I have underestimated bio warfare. We haven't figured out everything yet, but I'm sure they are investigating all possiblities.

I am concerned that is a RNA virus. We already have more than 1 strain of covid19. Upon increased sampling, they are noticing already mutations.... which is what RNA genomes specializes in. it could be designed to thrive in the male body.. off testosterone.. or something less apparent.

With two bio warfare facilities in Wuhan... and initial explanation to residents of Wuhan that US was involved... probably indicates it is a bio warfare virus.. and a breach of containment.

The fact that it made it to Iran as the second epicenter.. is probably an act bio warfare. facilitating an event.

Pretty wild the Wuhan whistle blower was able to encrypt a message that is able to sneak through a communication ban via Ethereum. To help us understand what mistakes they made early, and to help us... we weren't supposed to receive that information... which is really bad. That's not the act of anyone you could build a relationship with. Theres going to be a huge stigmatism when this is done.. and more countries are going to produce more things at home. Which would be great

That's really odd as this morning I received a call from a friend who retired after a 30 year career as a military officer to a full time position with the National Guard. She's a very serious person, not remotely of the tinfoil hat variety. She said to expect a mandatory federal shutdown of all non-critical industries (see DHS for definitions) immediately. Of course she expected it to be announced at this afternoon's press conference so ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom