Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin's best friend is the son of a Federal Senator .... He got it on "good authority" that the Federal Govt. was going to shut down the Interstate system to all but emergency traffic & supplies .... It hasn't happened yet ....

Last edited:
I also had it on "good authority" that the Federal Govt. was going to shut down the Interstate system to all but emergency traffic & supplies .... That didn't happen ....

I live about 1/4 mile from us23 which has been pretty quiet at night and I couldn't sleep from 2:20am on to 6:30am this morning for all of the big trucks moving, so something is up?

I live about 1/4 mile from us23 which has been pretty quiet at night and I couldn't sleep from 2:20am on to 6:30am this morning for all of the big trucks moving, so something is up?
When the army is going to doing something big that they don't want the people to know about they do it in the wee hours. This would reinforce what I've heard about a nationwide shelter-in-place order.

If I wanted to, I could spend an afternoon building a website, give it an official-sounding name like covid-info.com or something, fill it with stock photos of doctors, clinics, and other medical paraphernalia, and post a ton of blatantly false information. Then I could go to various forums and FB groups and post links to my bogus site. Not everyone would believe me, but enough people would to start sharing links without verifying anything first.

This would be incredibly easy to do.

So when people make the “good authority” claim, I can’t help but get a little peeved. How “good” is this supposed “authority?” Where did they get this info, and so on. Has there been any attempt to verify any claims?

And no, the sound of trucks at night is not an acceptable predictor of future events. It could just be regular old semi trucks, or construction equipment, or any number of things. And yes, it could be the military or national guard preparing to enact travel restrictions or quarantines, which all things considered wouldn’t be a bad thing.

But let’s not pretend to “know” things without having done our due-diligence first, especially when everyone is on edge as it is.

When the army is going to doing something big that they don't want the people to know about they do it in the wee hours. This would reinforce what I've heard about a nationwide shelter-in-place order.

20% of the nation's population has already voluntarily shut down (NY and CA). Now add ILL and CONN.
By morning they'll be more voluntary state shut downs.
No need for the military unless you're worried about Texas and Montana. ;)

Don't fall for the argument that masks are useless due to the various other vectors of transmission. Its a western attitude, honestly.
Masks, unless wear with full protective equipment, are to protect others from you.

I simply said that you can catch germs through your eyes. I never said anything against wearing a mask.
No strawmen please.

Yes it is but there’s a reason why most of the world’s human population lives within 100 miles of the ocean. It’s real easy to fly over and think “Oh yeah there’s plenty of room”. It’s very difficult to live on most of the dry parts and even harder still to do agriculture on the relatively few flat bits. We aren’t packed together just for shits n gigs.

23 of the lower 48 US states have a density of less than 100 people per square mile.
Plenty of spare room in the US alone.

daughter's friend in Louisville passed away today. she was in her early thirties and had a 14yr old son. she had been self-quarantined and alone, she supposedly thought she had a stomach virus from vomiting and didn't believe that to be a symptom of corona virus.! :(
And was it confirmed as Corona?

Nationwide Shelter in Place is the best thing they could do right now. Just chatting
with a friend in Oregon and their confirmed infected numbers are starting to go through the roof!

Scientists have revealed the first picture of how the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 binds with human respiratory cells in order to hijack them to produce more viruses.

Researchers led by Qiang Zhou, a research fellow at Westlake University in Hangzhou, China, have revealed how the new virus attaches to a receptor on respiratory cells called angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, or ACE2.

ACE2 - They have identified the 'hand' of the virus that grabs the doorknob on the door that the virus goes through into your the human cell. Now if scientists, working together, can find the right molecule that will disable that 'hand' on that virus, they can attack the virus on it's own terms. lkjhrtyyu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom