Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a new drug. It’s FDA approved. The questions need to be answered are a. Is it effective and b. At what dosage.
It’s available as generic so I’m confident that production can be ramped up as necessary.
Cool! So how do you see things playing out timeline-wise?

The whole chloroquine thing is just a means to quell the markets and give some false hope. Chloroquine helps but it's not a cure, not a panacea.

We're screwed. We're headed for a severe depression. Millions will lose their jobs. Banks will fail. Chaos. I'm so pissed. I've been screaming about this for at least two months and no one would listen. The idiots in charge did the usual: procrastinate, downplay and underestimate. Now the people will pay the price. The elite will be fine. They'll ride in out in luxury. The rest of us will suffer.
Ok, I think we are going a bit too far here. I’m not looking at it with rose tinted glasses, but I don’t think there is going to be anarchy like you predict. The US came out of two world wars - life changed but the US got stronger.
The US is finally starting to mobilize stuff like it’s in war - defense production act, navy hospitals docking in harbor, I see the national guard already in the Bay Area. I don’t have particular faith in any establishment, but I do believe in the power of human ingenuity in the face of a common goal. The country’s scientific and military might diverted to saving lives, building hospitals, building ventilators and whatever it takes can make a difference.

What we are lacking is a real leader - who inspires and gets every American ready to do his/her part and who charters a course for this country through her biggest crisis in decades.

Chris:
hawaii just hit 26 confirmed cases. it was 16 yesterday, 14 the day before. yes, increased testing is making numbers appear faster, but that still means the number is going up.

they are still telling us no community transmission and that everything is related to tourists coming in. our beaches are full. restaurants are refusing to close and tables are as close as they always were.

if it's tourists, then close the airport. they aren't.

if you don't close the aiports and it's not tourists, then it's community spread. it can't NOT be both.

i'm so pissed off with my state's response.
Wow, I can see why.

Obviously there's community transmission; there can't NOT be. Perhaps they only mean that they haven't yet had a case of test-confirmed COVID-19 that couldn't be traced back to someone who recently got off a plane?

If they're only testing people who're severely ill (with matching symptoms), then it's reasonably likely that everyone who was severely ill was tested, and that all the test-positive cases were successfully traced back to non-locals. (That won't last much longer, though.)

But for every severely-ill person who gets tested, there're probably 5-10 people who have the virus but aren't severely-ill, and thus aren't tested, and thus are spreading the virus if they aren't distancing.

Don't worry. If they have no confirmed community-spread yet today, and they aren't all d***ed liars, they'll have a confirmed case by Monday.

Recommended - Thoroughly cook meat and eggs. It dines on animal protein, as do humans in huge quantities ATM, but that will be changing soon 'one way or.. the other'. Let's hope we have the courage to make it 'the other'.

I don't know if this is true or not and I sure don't want to start a panic but a buddy just called me and said he has a family member high up in the military and that we are most likely going into Marshall law and lockdown within 24 hours. He told me to get what I need right now.

I don't know if this is true or not and I sure don't want to start a panic but a buddy just called me and said he has a family member high up in the military and that we are most likely going into Marshall law and lockdown within 24 hours. He told me to get what I need right now.
your area? or nationwide?

He didn't specify, hopefully it won't happen.
National Guard - on their way to MA (this is not a hoax, I just saw it on the news)

Hopefully to make people stop hoarding toilet paper.

@NeoSound - yes, this thread is getting weird.

I suggest everyone take a breath. Step away from your computer, go outside and get some air.
This is not the Walking Dead. The world will change over the next 6 months, but we are going to be fine.

keep believing that and we're screwed forever.

get your information from multiple sources. find the SOURCE of those sources if you can. formulate your own beliefs based on as much data as possible.

to me and many others, this was a clear issue way back.
I do get multiple sources of news but I cut some of them out entirely once they openly lied or mislead people multiple times (CNN crews passing out protest posters comes to mind). Too much political bias and anger because their candidate didn't win is one of the main causes. The other reasons are an emphasis on "shock value" or getting the story 1st instead of accurate. Almost all of them have this problem. This may be the one time that the chicken littles got it right. Personally, I'm praying for another media misfire but I'd settle for a quick medical solution that keeps the deaths as low as possible.

i barely watch the big US news channels, some i don't watch at all. i like to find smaller professionals with first-hand accounts of things, or watch news from other areas in the world. i feel like the youtube dr's i've posted earlier had this mostly right the entire time, screaming for action back in january.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.12.20022434v2

The study is not peer reviewed yet. Take of it what you will but it presents quite a different picture.

“We also found that most recent crude infection fatality ratio (IFR) and time-delay adjusted IFR is estimated to be 0.04% (95% CrI: 0.03-0.06%) and 0.12% (95%CrI: 0.08-0.17%), which is several orders of magnitude smaller than the crude CFR estimated at 4.19%“
Right off the bat, looks like they're using Wuhan numbers from Jan-Feb. Isn't data from China known to be unreliable?

i barely watch the big US news channels, some i don't watch at all. i like to find smaller professionals with first-hand accounts of things, or watch news from other areas in the world. i feel like the youtube dr's i've posted earlier had this mostly right the entire time, screaming for action back in january.
How did you find those guys btw? Been helpful, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom