Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am German. I live in the South West, the smallest federal state of Germany, the Saarland. It is one of the least affected areas, yesterday "only" 40 confirmed cases.

Schools, kindergartens, sports events, body gyms, pools, clubs, everything is closed for the next 5 weeks minimum. Visiting times to hospitals have been limited, visits to senior homes partly even forbidden. The government is definitely trying to slow it down as much as possible to not get the health system overloaded.

My family right next to you in Rheinland-Pfalz Told me the exact same thing that you posted.

Saw an article today saying that school kids are calling this virus the “Boomer Remover”.

Let that marinate for a while.

I've heard the opposite, stores are running out of condoms and with people being confined to home, it will create a population explosion?

yes, I really did hear that today

well... my daughters boyfriend was called back into work and he has to wear a suit for protection. also ky reports only a dozen or so cases and he said at least 30 something have been through there. he also says they disappear at night because the military are flying them out to be quarantined somewhere!? of course he wasn't supposed to tell this info.

I still don't know what to make of it all until I see it with my own eyes.

Re: That WATW video. Remember reading a few years later that after all of the stars had left, the studio ended up
throwing away most of the large gourmet spread that had been brought in specifically for the session.

Also, Lionel Ritchie and Michael Jackson who co-wrote the song, were both under contract with Pepsi at the time.

"There's a choice we're making", is a line sung 11 times during the song.
Pepsi's slogan at the time? "The choice of a new generation."
The MTV audience was a huge market for advertisers back then.
Hmmmm.

Re: That WATW video. Remember reading a few years later that after all of the stars had left, the studio ended up
throwing away most of the large gourmet spread that had been brought in specifically for the session.

Also, Lionel Ritchie and Michael Jackson who co-wrote the song, were both under contract with Pepsi at the time.

"There's a choice we're making", is a line sung 11 times during the song.
Pepsi's slogan at the time? "The choice of a new generation."
The MTV audience was a huge market for advertisers back then.
Hmmmm.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT. I mean really, it probably wasn't a coincidence at all.

I've heard the opposite, stores are running out of condoms and with people being confined to home, it will create a population explosion?

yes, I really did hear that today
Those are memes. Like the stock photo of 4 very pregnant women with the caption “9 Months After No Sports”.

In case you're you like math and/or not familiar with exponential growth and logistic growth:

Great visualizations of pandemic outbreak growth rates, but using older COVID data and not extrapolating for total possible deaths (like Spanish Flu):

Apparently this virus is not rapidly mutating. That will help the modelling teams. Also means people who have had the virus and now have immunity can go to the front lines with less worry of getting sick again.

China had ZERO new cases today. Meanwhile "Post Malone" doesn't cancel his concert with 18,000 people in attendance. In Colorado of all places, one of the epicenters.

I hope it's true but I'm not sure how transparent the Chinese government is on data. I mean the doctor who was the whistleblower died. He's pretty young and seemed healthy prior. I somehow don't believe he died of the virus. Also, a Chinese tycoon critical of the Chinese government's response to the virus suddenly 'disappeared' recently. I can only take what they release with a grain of salt. All official information released are very much altered to be favorable to the government. I hope it's true with the zero cases though.

China had ZERO new cases today. Meanwhile "Post Malone" doesn't cancel his concert with 18,000 people in attendance. In Colorado of all places, one of the epicenters.

Even if you believe China (I don't, about anything), what happens when people come out of their shells? It's still out there, and anyone that has been hiding for a while is just going to get exposed. Other than lightening the load on the hospitals, it doesn't really mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom