Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "manual" projection of non-China "other locations" of known cases from the Johns Hopkins dashboard today. Copied and pasted the last 12 days and stuck them together.

Could have 100 million (identified) cases world-wide in 6 weeks or so. Hopefully not.

CV-other.png

I have not come across anyone yet who thinks it isn’t happening, there’s no such thing or that precautions are foolish. So please let us know who these people are so that we can help them

A person I know posted this on FB. They think it is happening but that it's a gov't conspiracy for control of the public.

CV-conspiracy.JPG

Who are these people. Please name them for us so that we can help them.

I have not come across anyone yet who thinks it isn’t happening, there’s no such thing or that precautions are foolish. So please let us know who these people are so that we can help them
several musician friends of mine still think it's all bogus. they're enraged that their gigs are getting cancelled. could be a bias there.

A person I know posted this on FB. They think it is happening but that it's a gov't conspiracy for control of the public.

View attachment 65042
yes. killing people is a great way to control the public.

do people think viruses can't happen naturally? it's of course possible that this was purposeful. but come on. none of this type of thought will actually help anyone.

regardless, what is the option if the government is doing this? move somewhere this isn't happening? oh wait, that's not possible anymore.

they're enraged that their gigs are getting cancelled. could be a bias there.

There is normalcy bias, until the new normal lands and"oh, this is real."

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a tendency for people to believe that things will always function the way they normally have functioned and therefore to underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects.

Italy's health system is collapsing. There are no more ICU beds left. No more ambulances. People are dying at the rate of one every 15 minutes.
... there are some country more exposed with no more ICU beds. People are being cured in the nearest hospital with beds. Please not share fake news.

... there are some country more exposed with no more ICU beds. People are being cured in the nearest hospital with beds. Please not share fake news.
I wish it were fake news. From worldometers.info:

alert.png
Italy's health system is overwhelmed:

- "We're close to the point of no return for intensive care beds in Lombardy. We have 15 to 20 intensive care beds left. With 85 new people entering ICU every day and 2 or 3 leaving, we're close to the point of no return. "There are no more ambulances" - Lombardy Welfare Councilor Gallera added - "and therefore someone will have to wait late in the evening." [source] 732 patients are currently treated in intensive care in Lombardy, and 76 new deaths were reported in the region today [source]

- In Bergamo, "deaths have quintupled from a week ago. There is a burial every half hour" said Councilor for Cemetery Services Giacomo Angeloni. "There are many elderly people at home with breathing difficulties. They are not hospitalized because the hospitals are full" said the mayor of Alzano Lombardo Carmelo Bertocchi [source]

Who are you to decide what's "fake news" and who may write what? This isn't a news channel. There's no requirement for 2nd source confirmation. It's a forum and that man happens to own it, so settle down.

Edit:

alert.png

- "We're close to the point of no return for intensive care beds in Lombardy. We have 15 to 20 intensive care beds left. With 85 new people entering ICU every day and 2 or 3 leaving, we're close to the point of no return. "There are no more ambulances" - Lombardy Welfare Councilor Gallera added - "and therefore someone will have to wait late in the evening." [source] 732 patients are currently treated in intensive care in Lombardy, and 76 new deaths were reported in the region today [source]

- In Bergamo, "deaths have quintupled from a week ago. There is a burial every half hour" said Councilor for Cemetery Services Giacomo Angeloni. "There are many elderly people at home with breathing difficulties. They are not hospitalized because the hospitals are full" said the mayor of Alzano Lombardo Carmelo Bertocchi [source]

You didn't have to do that. There's no requirement, journalistic, ethical or otherwise, for backing up statements in the fucking lounge section of a forum that you own.

But I appreciate that you did.

I live in Italy. Where I live we have plenty of beds, we are receiving infected people from other town with critical situation.
Ok so you're reporting straight up verifiable 1st person intel from your couch. Noted.

Unless you are a frontline clinician of any level or employed in the public health apparatus dealing with this, your word is just as good as anything which can be found on Google News.

I live in Italy. Where I live we have plenty of beds, we are receiving infected people from other town with critical situation.
That’s a great thing. I’m sure the other hospitals are indeed running out of beds if they need to go to your area though.

I sympathize with what’s happening where you live. But I don’t think it makes an individual an authority on what’s happening in the entire area.

That’s a great thing. I’m sure the other hospitals are indeed running out of beds if they need to go to your area though.

I sympathize with what’s happening where you live. But I don’t think it makes an individual an authority on what’s happening in the entire area.
Indeed. Some district are in critical condition (with regard to ICU beds).

View attachment 65042
Some people don't think for themselves, and don't bother to think things through. These decisions are being made by private companies and events, and citizens - individuals acting on their own initiative, taking charge and all working together with common cause, to get the job that must be done, done. Those that perceive this as a threat are misguided, or not our friends.

Last edited:

alert.png

In Italy the load on the health system is heavy. In some Nord east district it's worse, like reported.
The health system in Italy is partitioned in area (Regioni, like Lombardia, Sicilia, etc) each area into district. Each area has a separate budget and amministration for the hospital: there is no more "italian hospital", but "area" ospital. Think of it like different states of the USA. Now the different area are helping each other. There are also medical help from China. It' not the Italy helth sistem overwhelmed. Sure, the virus is spreading and still not at peak.

Here is a link with official opendata: http://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/b0c68bce2cce478eaac82fe38d4138b1

Last edited:
Who are these people. Please name them for us so that we can help them.

There's LOTS of people who believe the world is flat, that alien corpses are stored at Area 51, and we never got to the moon.

This is a 'cold' that up until very recently was being peddled as a hoax by a top dog and his many surrogate bull-horns.
You don't think there's a percentage of people who are still holding out and not willing to believe science and the gov?

Ok so you're reporting straight up verifiable 1st person intel from your couch. Noted.

Sarcasm noted. @FractalAudio isn't jumping down this guy's throat. Maybe defer any comments to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom