Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to drive the past two days to my daughters and on both highways the traffic's been really light both morning and afternoon.
Lots of folks sick or working from home.

When I first moved to the West Coast, I was working from home for a company in the DC area. I have to admit, it was rough. The discipline to get things done with so many distractions within an arms reach. I would find I'd be in the middle of a week, and realize I hadn't even really gotten dressed once in three days. Strangely, being fairly introverted (engineer here), I missed at least occasionally being around people at work. At least having some interaction that wasn't just over the phone.

I burned out after six months, and looked for a local job. Seems nuts when I look back, as it really was a sweet gig, but it's hard. With this, where you might have both halves of a couple at home now for the duration.... Yikes. No thanks.

I can't stop thinking about the original War of the Worlds movie.
Terrible force is destroying everything and can't be stopped with guns, tanks, and even atomic bombs.

In the end it's germs that take them down.

First 3 deaths in Belgium. All ederly people.
Indoor gatherings for more than 1000 people forbidden. Testament cancels the rest of his european tour.
The peak of the epidemy is announced to be in the first weeks of april.

If 50 people can get it from a single attorney, I'm not sure what limits of 1,000 or even 100 people is going to accomplish.

Officials are going at this with baby steps when it needs to be TOP-MOST URGENCY.

I wonder what the military is doing. Lots of people living in close quarters. It's not like you want other nations to know some big percentage of your forces are out of commission. I'm sure any numbers from that are not published either. Look what happens when you let the people on a cruise ship sit in isolation. Think of a big Navy ship.

guys. if we stop testing or publishing test results, the numbers will go down. it's that easy.

Here, it does not mean anything anymore because only seriously ill people would be tested.
They fear lack of reagents (thanks Usmc_Trav ;-)).

I wonder what the military is doing. Lots of people living in close quarters. It's not like you want other nations to know some big percentage of your forces are out of commission. I'm sure any numbers from that are not published either. Look what happens when you let the people on a cruise ship sit in isolation. Think of a big Navy ship.

Two US servicemen treated for coronavirus (www.sofrep.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom