Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it time again to be the bad guy?: It's inevitable that people will die.
But we can decrease the number. He explains what is leading to even more deaths.
You have to look at the bigger picture.

Thank you. Saves me from having to reply.

My doctor sent me this , and tho i know may be snake oil ,he is offering it .....
https://www.globalresearch.ca/three...ch-studies-approved-treating-covid-19/5705405.

I don't think this is far fetched.

It isn't saying that Vit C is curing the virus, but more helping with the results of the virus (which are killing people). Our immune system is always the best line of defense. If it gets overwhelmed, then I think it reasonable something like this could help.

Worst case ... the research studies don't yield anything of value. But from what I've read, there is some suggestion that it has been helping.

For example: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/bF2YhJKiOfe1yimBc4XwOA

Dude im so freaked out
NY has never been quiet , save certain holiday mornings and 9/11, but it’s pin drop quiet North side to westchester

saw national Guard roll in and lock it down, not the whole town, but a large area

never that I would see their deployment for my own safety

This is making what was supposed to be my rebuild year and I think I’m going to just hope to make it through

I’m terrified

Leaked document from presentation given to hospital admins. I think these numbers are a bit on the low side:

5e62a449fee23d58c83a9e62.jpg

Here is my plan ... While not wanting to use this as "snake oil" ... I plan on 3-5 g of Vit C in divided dosage throughout the day. It wouldn't necessarily prevent the virus, but might make it harder.

And if sick, I would 2x or 3x that while sick.

The key at that point would be to do whatever to prevent the worst consequences of the virus, like pneumonia.

Again, not saying "snake oil" or "do this and you won't catch it!" But there is much research to suggest the benefit of high dosage of Vit C. Not miracles or cures. But benefits.

Here is my plan ... While not wanting to use this as "snake oil" ... I plan on 3-5 g of Vit C in divided dosage throughout the day. It wouldn't necessarily prevent the virus, but might make it harder.

And if sick, I would 2x or 3x that while sick.

The key at that point would be to do whatever to prevent the worst consequences of the virus, like pneumonia.

Again, not saying "snake oil" or "do this and you won't catch it!" But there is much research to suggest the benefit of high dosage of Vit C. Not miracles or cures. But benefits.
Well, at least you won’t get scurvy.

Here is the actual research article: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1568519

This was not an experiment, but an observational study. Thus, one should be careful in making causal conclusions as there are numerous lurking variables that aren't being controlled in this study (they admit that they don't know for sure how much people took). (For example, could it be that those taking the vitamins are taking other health supplements? Or perhaps or more likely to eat healthy foods like spinach which are high in oxate as well? Also, even though they did analyze some of the stones, they didn't analyze all of them. If the others weren't calcium based, then the % they attribute to Vit C would be much lower).

Can you replicate this result with perhaps 2-3 other articles/independent studies? Or even with 1 experimental study with true randomization and control groups? (and I don't want that to sound snarky ... if there are actual studies on this, especially experimental, it would definitely change my mind!)

Here is a rebuttal of that study which is worth reading even if disagreement with: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v09n05.shtml

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit from the expert on the Joe Rogan podcast, apparently something like 38% of nurses have kids in school, so counterintuitively closing down schools might not be the best idea when it gets bad... man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom