Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
...United States: ..

True enough, and this thing is timed to perfection considering the obvious, and the season. ..But, under the hood, worldwide, the engines are better tuned than they ever have been, they are collectively switched on, and they are a-hummin’.

We have computers now that can run software that have cracked out cures to maladies which have previously culled numbers unfettered. Science is better tuned now than it ever has been to handle this, and everyone in the biz are working on this - all the self-serving local crap aside.

Yeah it’s bad. Being musically inclined, I don’t think many of us are missing the realistic and logical progression of this thing, and we are smart enough to prepare - as best we can, ..which is about as much as can be done.

The rest? ..Have a little faith in those, worldwide, working on this.

There are a lot of selfish people out there not making things any better right now. But there are also many-many-Many more selfless people out there who have, in the past, and will again, gladly sacrifice to further advancement to ending this thing.

Faith is hard to come by, sometimes even in the best of times.. But, those working selflessly on this, and sacrificing on this...have a little faith in them. :0)

If we started mass spraying here the tree huggers and environmentalist would lose their minds, until of course someone in their family dies.

Last edited:
Disinfecting entire cities? Has anyone gotten the virus from contact with the tarmac, a lamppost or the curb?
It seems like a "we try to show we are are doing something" ...

If we started mass spraying here the tree hungers and environmentalist would lose their minds, until of course someone in their family dies.
So it's ok to save humans at the expense of other living things?

I'm not a "tree hugger" (or hunger:)), but really? If we don't protect the environment then Corona virus will be the least of our concerns.

If we started mass spraying here the tree huggers and environmentalist would lose their minds, until of course someone in their family dies.

I know you meant well, but casting aspersions on someone who has a different opinion than you on some matter is exactly the kind of behavior we need to set aside at a time like this.

Spraying entire cities with disinfectant is nonsense.

Wash your hands and keep your fingers out of your face. Stay at home when you feel sick. Stay away at least 1 m from sick looking people.

Spraying entire cities with disinfectant is nonsense.

Wash your hands and keep your fingers out of your face. Stay at home when you feel sick. Stay away at least 1 m from sick looking people.
It’s nonsense only if people do what you said in the second part.

I don’t trust the general public to do those simple things.

It’s nonsense only if people do what you said in the second part.

I don’t trust the general public to do those simple things.

Yea, you're right about that. Even I can't keep my fingers out of my face outside my lab ...
But spraying the whole street is still a waste of disinfectant. Doors, railings and stuff people actually touch is important. It's a corona virus, not small pox.

I just joined Foldathome, selected any disease. I'm at page that shows cpu use, power and gpu. What is best to choose, "while I'm working" or "only when idle"? The bars are inactive. I guess best leave computer on 24/7 is possible. If you were to draw a line between Health Care clinic in Kirkland and Evergreen Hospital I live about 6-8 blocks south off that line. I have also just caught a mild flu, Thursday a slight sore throat, stayed home Friday and Saturday form part time job. But last night finally got to the stage of blowing out excess mucus, getting nasal congestion and some soreness. So I stayed in bed longer with extra covers. That is my virus defense, when I get to that stage I lie down/sleep with a little extra heat to help my immune system beat the virus, which ever one it may be. I did not have chills, so not a real kick in the pant. I just got up from another 4 hour nap. Just drippy nose and some muscle discomfort. I don't believe I have the corona, not trouble breathing or fevers. Just happened to get flu with timing of this and I did get flu shot. So am I supposed to see something happening on those bar graphs on the Folding page? Thanks Ah, just looked again and the green circle is starting have the spinning black arrows.

It's interesting. I've got lots of friends on Facebook from other countries. The only people I see not taking this seriously are Americans - some are using it as humor fodder. Even worse, I see assholes wishing for others to get it. I don't know why this surprises me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom