Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would, could, if, might - these are the words of tabloid conjecture. There needs to be more hard data before any real conclusions can be drawn.

Lots dead here! ..how old? ..what other mitigating factors? ..That country!! THOUSAN... yes, It’s terrible. No-one would disagree. How old? ..what level of medical care had they received - what mitigating factors.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/ .. for what it’s worth; but, not a lot of information, and I doubt this includes enough study to draw any truly accurate conclusions to assess risk.

Seen kids die at 16 - just keel over dead on football fields, my own family members kick-off earlier than that in road accidents, and another fall over dead due to a ruptured aorta - family lost to heart attacks, cancer, stroke - I spent last weekend in the ICU with another family member ...so many ways to go and no clock to refer to to figure just how long we got left.

Time is promised to no-man, so don’t forget to live a little in the time you have.

Have been charged by a mountain lion while out tracking elk, survived in the wilderness for six months, been in motorcycle accidents, been cut-up, stabbed, not-to-mention damn-near killed a few times doing stuff I enjoy. I have a pretty realistic view of how fragile the human condition can be, and just how hard we, as a species, will fight to survive. So, as far as all this goes I think I’m going to wait for more hard data to crunch before engaging in any hysterical or optimistic conclusions either way. ..While I wait, I’m going to do my level best to enjoy whatever time I have left.

Try to remember that even the most selfish, powerful, and craven of us have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. And all bullshit and self-serving twisted realities aside, the smartest of us - worldwide, are being put to work on this thing, because it serves all selfish needs in all people everywhere. This thing, it will be beat.

No matter what the reality of this thing ends up being, Enjoy Your Lives, and I wish You, and Your Families, all the best.

I have yet to find any web site that gives a fatality rate for kids (0-9 yrs).
The link above says 0. If that's true, great because I only care about my kids getting it.
I still feel like there is too much data being hidden.
Yes i think it's strange that China stats don't evolve much

Yes i think it's strange that China stats don't evolve much
The whole reason why this has gotten so far out of hand is them hiding shit from the rest of the world while foolishly and arrogantly trying to deal with it alone. They were perfectly content to let all of Wuhan province die as long as they didn’t look like they didn’t have everything under control.
I want to be perfectly clear. China Is To Blame For All of This. They tried the same thing with SARS and it went pretty much exactly the same way. I did my senior thesis on SARS/MERS. If it was the current virus and not the high-speed one from November 2002, we might not be having this conversation.

The whole reason why this has gotten so far out of hand is them hiding shit from the rest of the world while foolishly and arrogantly trying to deal with it alone. They were perfectly content to let all of Wuhan province die as long as they didn’t look like they didn’t have everything under control.
I want to be perfectly clear. China Is To Blame For All of This. They tried the same thing with SARS and it went pretty much exactly the same way. I did my senior thesis on SARS/MERS. If it was the current virus and not the high-speed one from November 2002, we might not be having this conversation.
Yes but China stats are stuck to 80000 since one week... Is it normal to everyone?

If that's true, great because I only care about my kids getting it.

They may not die from it, but they’ll be very effective carriers of it, passing it on to the community. So it’s important to keep them from being exposed. It’s important that we all start expanding the scope of what we care about to include more than our personal interests.

Last edited:
They may not die from it, but they’ll be very effective carriers of it, passing it on to the community. So it’s important to keep them from being exposed. It’s important that we all start expanding the scope of what we care about to include more than our personal interests.
My point was I'm not concerned about myself, just my kids (in regards to people in my household)

Anybody who saw the press conference from the CDC yesterday would be a lot more worried about government response in the US than China.

This is the likely outcome:
http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/scenario.html

While the human toll will be great the economic consequences will be equally dire. Within the next few months you'll be seeing a wave of bankruptcies starting with local restaurants, movie theaters, health clubs, etc. This will paralyze the economy causing mass layoffs at larger corporations. Then the banks will start to fail.

I read from someone that attended a Johns Hopkins presentation recently, it was said that the results of Event 201 are not expected here, because the current conditions are different from the inputs used in Event 201. Sorry I can't dig up the source, I just remember I read they expect like 60% to 70% of population to catch the virus, but the death rate to be lower.

My feeling is that we are still learning new things about the virus and that it can mutate at any time, so why not be cautious now?

Right now I have a sneeze and sore throat : ( Won't be attending my in-law's birthday tonight, unfortunately

I think I'll just let everyone freak out unimpeded, since it seems this is what people would like to do. Meanwhile I will look at the aforementioned curves from China (no new deaths and only 1 new case in the past couple of days), and extrapolate them to the US taking into account much better preparedness (because the US was hit well over a month after China, and the president has banned all travel to/from China on Jan 31, for which he was derided at the time), much better medicine, and much lower population density.

Riverdale, the Bronx, (Westchester County) NY

The stupid lawyer (“from westchester,” the stomping grounds for the manhattan elite and the upper middle class to the upper upper class, prime time money folks, always the ever vague richest county on earth but they NEVER tell you which city or town to keep it safe, and Riverdale [Northern most part of NYC, north Bronx/south yonkers border, literally you can stand In all parts of where they border and you wouldnt know the difference] just enough outside of the main “city”-City borderlands/outskirts ,who infected his entire family, 14 year old daughter , 20 year old son, and 50 year old wife

Then he got the neighbors on each side , he contaminated a wedding , a funeral, and went to work all over manhattan, up and down the line, like with no regard for health. -[What a scumbag....to ask your NEIGHBOR to take you to the hospital, suspecting and knowing your flew when the virus was out in the public knowledge. Like You already killed your whole family, ya schmuck, ask them to take you...or better yet, stay home and kill yourselves, geez......u know?]

According to the rabbi, unofficially of course, but I’m telling you guys because well, thats the point of this thread, he might have single handedly infected blocks and blocks of people because he’s literally in the middle of NYC and the burbs , and he hit the most dense urban areas to the most dense suburban areas - no conscientious or regard for others, just criminal in my opinion honestly. They are downplaying it because they dont want what is the most affluent, dense, and ”nicer” parts of the Jewish neighborhoods to get hit with anti Semitic stuff, but that NEVER happens here, so they should just stop being stupid and be honest, and I cant believe they are doing that - but then again, people ARE panicking a little and some fools get uncomfortable with suggestions of whispers of medieval notions of draconian mobs of proletariat storming the hills and homes of the bourgeoisie here with their pitchforks and iphone torches!

so now its a waiting game of numbers and were just hoping we dont get touched....but yeah, i literally am at the synagogue of the idiot responsible for , more than likely, being the main contamininant of Midtown manhattan to the rest of the southern greater state!

Last edited:
Anybody who saw the press conference from the CDC yesterday would be a lot more worried about government response in the US than China.

Even those of us who didn't see the CDC's press conference should be worried about our government's response. We're weeks behind the rest of the world in testing because the FDA subjected, as they do, the new diagnostics to a standard regulatory process. That left the CDC, not subject to FDA jurisdiction, as the only entity able to test patients and they had no interest in anyone not directly connected in a very concrete way to infected persons or regions and limited capacity in any case.

Read an interview a few days ago dated March 2 or 3 with an MD who specializes in infectious diseases. At that time he could find confirmation of only approximately 500 completed tests in the US vs something like 20,000 in Switzerland (one example). He felt it very highly likely that COVID-19 arrived in the US no later than mid-January and that we've been experiencing community transmission ever since. But, thanks to standard bureaucratic entanglements & governmental incompetence, we weren't able to test folks and therefore have no idea the present extent of the disease here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom