Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m going to disagree on this. Do you think our military even has the capacity to enforce a nation-wide quarantine in every state, city, and town?

I imagine mass chaos with that kind of thing given how many second amendment dudes and conspiracy theorists are weary of government tyranny. I think we're approaching the point where everyone who's been stockpiling guns to be a tough guy are gonna snap and some might try to "defend themselves" from the government. It'll be comical and adorable up until Uncle Sam mows them down with a drone strike.

I imagine mass chaos with that kind of thing given how many second amendment dudes and conspiracy theorists are weary of government tyranny. I think we're approaching the point where everyone who's been stockpiling guns to be a tough guy are gonna snap and some might try to "defend themselves" from the government. It'll be comical and adorable up until Uncle Sam mows them down with a drone strike.

I agree with everything you posted except the word 'mass'.
I think it'll be small pockets of nuts who,
"aren't afraid of a little cold! We have to arm against 'the man'!"

Ate you being serious? Can't tell.

Office building aren't hospitals, in many respects. Not to mention that the companies who own or lease those offices will hopefully be back at some point.
I'm being serious... I believe they already are taking a look at building that can be used.. and going to ease up on some building restrictions like narrow hallways.. heard this stuff on NPR radio

I had a good laugh today at "Putin releases 800 lions and tigers to enforce quarantine".
It's fake news, obviously. But as far as conspiracy theories go, everything else pales in comparison ...

The prime minister of Quebec (Legault) and his team have really stepped up and risen to the occasion and become leaders. They have done an outstanding job so far. Disclaimer...I did not vote for him. I will in the future. He could be an example for many.

"Putin releases 800 lions and tigers to enforce quarantine".

giphy.gif

Harvey Weinstein tests positive. I guess he'll be the first famous person to die.

I don’t understand why the media feels the need to let us know when celebrities test positive for the virus. Most of these celebrities can afford the best healthcare available while the poor and elderly are dying on the streets and in rest homes.

I don’t understand why the media feels the need to let us know when celebrities test positive for the virus. Most of these celebrities can afford the best healthcare available while the poor and elderly are dying on the streets and in rest homes.
He's in jail, and I'm hopeful he's getting the worst health care that is possible (or getting raped).

(mods feel free to delete if that's over the edge)

China instituted its lockdown when there were only 25 deaths in the country. They've pretty much stopped the spread and ended up with about 3200 dead.

We're already at over 400 dead and the government is doing what it does best: politics and incompetence. Unless they match what China did there will be over 100K dead within a month. Bunch of idiots.

China instituted its lockdown when there were only 25 deaths in the country. They've pretty much stopped the spread

So what's the next step for China? I guess, the broader question...how do you stop a pandemic, short of finding a vaccine? Do you cycle social distancing until the spread is manageable?

For example, how did the Spanish Flu end? Is the virus still around or did it die off?

So what's the next step for China? I guess, the broader question...how do you stop a pandemic, short of finding a vaccine? Do you cycle social distancing until the spread is manageable?

For example, how did the Spanish Flu end? Is the virus still around or did it die off?

China is pretty much going back to normal. My roomate's parents live 2 hours away from Wuhan and they say that some people are already going back to work. His mom is more worried about him and I at this point and is sending us a care package with 100 masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom