Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday 3/24 was the first day the US recorded over 100 Covid-19 related deaths.
Wednesday 3/25 was the first day the US recorded over 200 Covid-19 related deaths.

For everyone that seems to think their government and leaders are failing - exactly what is it that you would do better? they no doubt have info that we don't and know what resources are available to use.

The big mistakes I see are:

1: Sars and Mers were stopped spreading quickly in the past because it was reported quickly, dealt with quickly - with this version of virus people were unknowingly traveling to and fro at least a month if not two before the government reported it - maybe this was ego, maybe it was fear, maybe it was ignorance of the consequences - or ?

2: Political use of this situation to bash your competition, government, fellow man or otherwise - maybe not as serious as the first but makes you barf to see/hear over and over

Tuesday 3/24 was the first day the US recorded over 100 Covid-19 related deaths.
Wednesday 3/25 was the first day the US recorded over 200 Covid-19 related deaths.
(warning - dark sarcasm)
Pfft...all those dead and dying are really blowing this thing out of proportion, scaring people unnecessarily, and participating in a "hoax" aimed at discrediting leaders...

USA political ideologies taken to the extreme are really pissing me off right now. One good thing about times like this: it flushes the real leaders out of the woodwork and they start uniting people into common action/purpose.

For everyone that seems to think their government and leaders are failing - exactly what is it that you would do better?

First Covid-19 case identified and indexed: December 1.
WHO is called in: December 31.
First confirmed US case: January 20.
White House creates Covid-19 task force: January 29.
WHO declares a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern': January 30.
US Vice President named to head task force: February 26.
FEMA put into action: March 17.
(March 17 - EIGHT weeks after the first US case and over SIX weeks after the WHO declared it an Emergency)

Last edited:
FYI: For the science inclined, and conspiracy addicts out there:

I've seen a lot of people claiming speculative conspiracy theories about the virus. Here's a study published by Nature Magazine, analyzing the genetic origins of SARS-CoV-2 -- Covid-19. - I encourage reading and sharing this article.

"the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus... we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

covid-19-origins.jpg

First Covid-19 case identified and indexed: December 1.
WHO is called in: December 31.
First confirmed US case: January 20.
White House creates Covid-19 task force: January 29.
WHO declares a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern': January 30.
US Vice President named to head task force: February 26.
FEMA put into action: March 17.
(March 17: EIGHT weeks after the first US case and over SIX weeks after the WHO declared it an Emergency)

Hmmmm...... what would I have done better?

either talked about it or thought about it as no one seemed prepared, and/or had to deal with many other people and organizations that were doing the same

Any possibility of returning this thread to helping via Folding@Home? I notice the Fractal Forumites Team is currently ranked 2189th out of 243,526 teams this morning. That's in the top percentage of all teams worldwide. What a positive thing to result from the first page of this thread!

Team: Fractal Forumites
Date of last work unit2020-03-26 16:45:24
Active CPUs within 50 days86
Team Id236174
Grand Score20,516,225
Work Unit Count1,877
Team Ranking2189 of 243526

Bringing a thread back to topic... what an odd idea :D

Bringing a thread back to topic... what an odd idea :D
No reason there shouldn't be separate dedicated threads for...
(a.) people making analyses of the available information, leading to predictions, dire or otherwise; and,
(b.) people doing whatever Folding@Home is (sounds like quarantined people learning origami?)

FYI: For the science inclined, and conspiracy addicts out there:

I've seen a lot of people claiming speculative conspiracy theories about the virus. Here's a study published by Nature Magazine, analyzing the genetic origins of SARS-CoV-2 -- Covid-19. - I encourage reading and sharing this article.

"the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus... we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

View attachment 65456
Perhaps. It's worthwhile to note that Nature (Inc.) is basically owned by the CCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom