Help setting up external switch!

edo

Power User
Vendor
I bought a dual switch that I would like to use to scroll preset up/down, and I’d like to be able to hold one of the 2 buttons for tuner. I got the preset up/down part working, but whenever I assign the hold function to tuner, it just goes straight to tuner even if I just press. I’m assuming it has to do with the configuration of the pedal 2 (virtual toggle etc), but I’m not sure how to make it work. Anybody can help? Thanks!

Is it a latching or momentary switch? I think you will need a momantary switch to make proper use of the hold function.

I would assume that is a momentary FS so it should work. I do not own the FC-6 but I tested what you are trying to do it with a Boss FS-6 and it works without problems. I will post the settings that I used, hopfully that will help you.

Here my settings (tested with a Boss FS-6 + single TRS cable).
I used it with the SW1 input and layout 1:
FM3 front panel: Setup => FC Controllers => Stand-In Switches:
FM3 SW1 TIP => Layout: "Layout1: PRESETS", Switch: "2: Preset, Inc/Dec"
FM3 SW1 RING => Layout: "Layout1: PRESETS", Switch: "1: Preset, Inc/Dec"
(I have not touched any settings in "FC Controllers" => Config", those should be default)

And here the "FC Controllers" settings in FM3-Edit:
1596215707582.png

I hope that helps, but it may well be that I am still missing something here.

I second Orion32773. After setting up your FCs, check the Setup > I/O > Pedal > Switch Tip/Ring Polarity. Try switching between Normally Open and Normally Closed settings to see which one better matches your particular switch.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom