Help. saved over main preset

Lumikut

Inspired
Vendor
so I'm at rehearsal and accidentally saved a rarely used song preset over my main go to patch.

Is there a way to undo the save? Like shut off the unit and have it ignore anything that was saved?

I'm pretty sure I have a back up file, and I have a few other presets that are similar that I could start from me. Just wondering if there is another "quick fix" option?

so I'm at rehearsal and accidentally saved a rarely used song preset over my main go to patch.

Is there a way to undo the save? Like shut off the unit and have it ignore anything that was saved?

I'm pretty sure I have a back up file, and I have a few other presets that are similar that I could start from me. Just wondering if there is another "quick fix" option?
As far as I know, no. You should always make backups... This is how many people learn the importance of taking backups :(

Unlike a PC there is no recycle bin on an Axe FX...

It is a pain when you do that, but as @unix-guy mentions above, you should always have backups on your computer of your presets and this is the only way to retrieve the original preset. No quick fix unfortunately.

Otherwise it is like drinking a glass of beer and asking if there is anyway to get the original beer back when what you need to do is go back to the fridge or bar and get another identical/backup one.... errr... well for beer there is a way to get the original back but it's not particularly appealing and may not be quite in the same state o_O

As stated, do back-ups. However, a quick way to address this without always having to do a back-up is to save your favorite preset(s) in another slot(s). That way you can always go to the copied version without a hitch.
I like to save my faves in the Templates area.

I have my main groups of patches saved in several locations for this exact reason. Every time I edit something I usually save it to a new slot, then once I'm happy I'll move a copy to the last page, as well as up to the top for live use. This also lets me take a trip down memory lane to see how far each patch has come, or let me revert if I've gone off the deep end.

Back
Top Bottom