Help recreating John Mayer Fractal sound

He’s definitely a purist at heart but also very keen on serving the song. When he first came out I really didn’t care much for him. But I realized the error of my ways over time and now I absolutely love the guy. He’s a brilliant person and musician. If anyone hasn’t seen it, go on YouTube and look for his lecture videos at Berklee. He shares a boatload of wisdom on songwriting and playing. Anyone who hates on the guy isn’t really listening.

These last weeks, I watched many videos regarding the John Mayer sound, and also his youtube videos with an Axe-Fx 3, for the boutique/blues pack I'm working on. Getting in the ballpark is not difficult at all, it's the playing that makes the difference

These last weeks, I watched many videos regarding the John Mayer sound, and also his youtube videos with an Axe-Fx 3, for the boutique/blues pack I'm working on. Getting in the ballpark is not difficult at all, it's the playing that makes the difference
Lol. So true. Sounds don’t matter at all. It’s the feel and the songs. With that said….I would be interested in hearing your presets when you’re done. 😉

Put me on the list for the boutique/blues pack 😍

Getting in the ballpark is not difficult at all, it's the playing that makes the difference
I’ve seen people try to run his playing down claiming that anyone would sound good with his choice of backing musicians, not understanding that the folks backing him are plenty busy and could pick to play with plenty of others. They chose to play with Mayer too. His power trio is a good example.

And, the fact that Clapton asked him to play at his Crossroads concerts says a lot about Mayer’s talent and abilities, as everyone on the stage is a proven musical monster that Clapton respects. Clapton mixed them together and gave them a chance to play together and interact and see what they come up with. Where those interactions go in the future will be interesting as Mayer really enjoys collaborating.

There's someone on Youtube who recently released a John Mayer preset that absolutely floored me. It's quite simple but the combination of cabs makes it almost sound like a cab-in-the-room. Best I heard so far. It includes the envelope filter on "I Don't Trust Myself". It's commercial ($5) so I can't share it.

There's someone on Youtube who recently released a John Mayer preset that absolutely floored me. It's quite simple but the combination of cabs makes it almost sound like a cab-in-the-room. Best I heard so far. It includes the envelope filter on "I Don't Trust Myself". It's commercial ($5) so I can't share it.
Can you post the persons name/channel so we can find them and purchase?

Congratulations @FractalAudio! Now let’s get Mayer’s face and quote on the artist’s page! :)
Nah. Let’s keep Fractal as our little secret. We can be special. :D

Man, and we thought Fractal stuff could be hard to get before. If John started using it regularly…ugh. Forget about it.

Hey @Admin M@ can you put me on the wait list right now please?

Yes I realize I didn’t say for which product. I meant all of them.

Back
Top Bottom