Help--Recording Issue With Sonar X1 and Axe XL

Mott

Experienced
I assume this would be the correct forum for this sort of thing. If not, I'm sure Electronpirate will be along to move it. ;)

The last few times I have tried to record using the Axe-FX II XL into Sonar, when I first gear up, everything is fine. But as soon as I hit stop after recording, I stop getting a signal from the Axe-FX to my DAW. The only way to get back to normal is to cut off the Fractal unit and exit Sonar and then turn them both back on. Even if I close out of Sonar, the Axe-FX remains silent until I reboot it. The input lights on the Axe-FX still light up, so there is a signal into the unit, just nothing coming out.

Just recording through the USB--no SPDIF or anything.

It is only a recording issue. The playback is fine in Sonar or in any other audio application. Anybody got a clue what I might have accidentally changed that might be causing this? It used to work fine with my old Axe-FX II.

One additional piece of info--I know it is a Sonar issue because I just recorded a snip using Audacity instead, and that works fine.

What sample rate are you using? Axe want 48k. Are you using the Axe as the interface, you don't mention.

I have Sonar also but since April of 2009 (my first AxeFX) I have always used the analogs out- recordings sound great-(not me, the sound I mean)
I have yet to see a post where anyone has had an issue recording with the analog outs.

Hmmm-we "both" joined in April 2009, now that's weird

Yep Axe as interface and I'm using 48k. Like I said, it works fine initially, but somehow disconnects whenever I either stop or pause.

Mott
Have you tried the cakewalk forum? I mean as "everything" is 48K and you are using asio drivers, it should be fine. Maybe tonight I'll try some of this.

I always have the USB of the axe connected because I use Axe edit and the Bot so much. Curious, so I'll see how it goes and let you know. I still would try the Sonar Forum.

Haven't done anything but a search there. Lots of posts about dropout issues, but nothing exactly like my problem.

Just an update--Sonar/Cakewalk forum advised a complete reinstall, which I did last night. Still the same problem. Audacity and Reaper both work fine.

This is driving me nuts!

Back
Top Bottom