HELP: Problem with AX8 Edit

deakle

Experienced
I am having an issue with AX8 Edit, it does not want to communicate with my AX8 following an OS update on my Mac Mini (to the lates version of the OS). I am receiving the following error statement when opening

Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info

Tried reinstalling AX8 Edit, but no good. Any ideas?

I am having an issue with AX8 Edit, it does not want to communicate with my AX8 following an OS update on my Mac Mini (to the lates version of the OS). I am receiving the following error statement when opening

Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info

Anyone? @Admin M@ ?

This issue cleared up for me when I started launching Edit first before turning on the hardware vs. the other way around.

Communication time-out:

Start the AX8 Edit and then the AX8

Communication time-out:

Here is what works every time for me. Im running Win7 and these errors are constant.

Here is what I found to work every time. Disconnect your laptop from your internet WiFi connection.
I have no Idea why this works but it does now i only connect to the internet using Wifi when I need something.
I literally will be using the ax8 edit flawlessly and as soon as I turn wifi on I instantly get that error and have to shut down and restart.
hope that helps cant hurt to try it and let me know.
rob

I am able to get it going with no issues if I start AX8 Edit first then power on my AX8. Or alternatively, let the AX8 power on and boot completely, then plug in my USB cable (brand new, gold plated connectors BTW), then start AX8 Edit. Not sure why this started happening. I was having zero issues previously. Oh well, maybe a new Firmware upgrade might help. Patiently waiting.......

@Admin M@, since you write the AX8 Edit, do you have any ideas why this just started? I was using it for months with no issues. Then after updating to the latest Sierra OS on my Mac Mini it started acting up. It’s no biggie as I have a workaround, I’m just curious. I’m an Electrical Engineer and an IT guy and things like this intrigue me.

I have the same issue, worse now it appears as connected (but doesn't run) when I plug my native instruments keyboard haha wow this is driving me crazy, it's definitely the USB port thing, I haven't figured this out god please

Start the AX8 Edit and then the AX8
Same here. Don't remember having this issue before today. I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro laptop, with Mohave 10.14.4

Thanks for posting the solution, and thanks for others who posted they suffered from this. I'm pretty worried that at some point fractal will stop supporting ax8-edit like they did with the AX2 and my OS won't support the software anymore.

Back
Top Bottom