Help - (Probably) Basic Question about Expression Pedal

JRod4928

Power User
I have an EV-1 hooked up to my AX8 and I'm using it to control the Volume/Pan Block.

The problem is when the EV-1 is toe down, the volume only goes up to '7.78' or something. Is there a setting I need to change, or am I doing something else wrong?

FYI - the EV-1 is plugged into 'Pedal 1' in the AX8, and the 'Volume Out' jack is used on the EV-1.... I tried using the 'expression' jack, but it didn't move the volume at all when I moved the expression pedal.

Also should be noted that I am using a B-stock EV-1 that I bought a few months ago straight from FAS... it's sat in a box until just now... I finally got a chance to hook it up. :oops:

Nope - I'll have to look into how to do that. I didn't have time the day I set it up (newborn baby in the house). lol

You definitely want to use the expression jack, and you must use a TRS to TRS cable.

(newborn baby in the house)

Congrats buddy!

Tagging on with Joe: EXP output + TRS cable + calibrate that bad boy = volume control bliss.

I was amazed when I received my EV1 (both) and calibrated, they had a full sweep from 0-10 without any modification. So just make sure you have it calibrated so it knows the maximum value, but should be all great after that.

Thanks for the help. And Thanks for the congrats! Being a dad is incredible :)

Here's another question. I have a preset where the EV-1 controls the volume/pan block on Scene 1... I'd like to switch to scene 2 and have the volume/pan block pegged at 10, and switch the EV-1 to control my wah pedal...

is the easiest way to do this by setting up an x/y on the volume/pan, where X it's controlled by the EV-1 used in Scene 1, and Y it's hard-coded at 10 in Scene 2?

I have an EV-1 hooked up to my AX8 and I'm using it to control the Volume/Pan Block.

The problem is when the EV-1 is toe down, the volume only goes up to '7.78' or something. Is there a setting I need to change, or am I doing something else wrong?

FYI - the EV-1 is plugged into 'Pedal 1' in the AX8, and the 'Volume Out' jack is used on the EV-1.... I tried using the 'expression' jack, but it didn't move the volume at all when I moved the expression pedal.

Three things:
1. You need to use the Expression jack.
2. You need to use a TRS cable.
3. You should calibrate the pedal.

If you don't need both blocks at the same time you could disable the one you don't need in the scene and assign the pedal to control both.

Back
Top Bottom