Help porting these Allan Holdsworth presets (axe II) to ax8?

jzucker

Experienced
thanks in advance. Anyone offering a pay-convert service?

Attachments

• AH Clean Comp.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
  • AH Distortion Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 8
both of these presets are using two multi-delays set to band delay mode, with eight different delay times and different mix levels and feedback levels between the two. One of the multi-delays has very short timings for more a detune like effect. I believe substituting the pitch block and setting to detune would give a similar result?

The detune effect of the 2nd multi-delay is kinda subtle, you may want to adjust the mix of the pitch block +/-

Also there's a tone match block in the distorted preset (default is off) that couldn't be added

Attachments

• AH Clean Comp.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 14
  • AH Distortion Lead.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 15
The detune effect of the 2nd multi-delay is kinda subtle, you may want to adjust the mix of the pitch block +/-

Also there's a tone match block in the distorted preset (default is off) that couldn't be added

Thanks, i greatly appreciate it. Those are close enough to be tweakable into exactly what I'm looking for. I wish the axeedit and ax8edit worked offline for tweaking , it'd really make things easier since my 2 units are in 2 different locations.

The save presets as blocks really helps, but it would be great if Axe edit saved a snapshot in the blocks folder right along with the blocks. I think I'll add that to the wish list

I look forward to hearing your clips of these presets. These are the ones I based the presets I made for my Orion demo on.

With your fingers, they will sound good!

Back
Top Bottom