Help Please - Using IR's for the first time

Hi everybody,

So I've decided I'm going to hook up my AxeII to my computer and do some recording but I've never used IR's before. I just run it through a power amp and cab. So my real question is, are the IR's that come stock in the Quantum 1.01 good enough, or should I buy some more? I bought cab pack 7 a while ago and somebody suggested one of the IR's from that pack specifically, I think it was Chris that suggested one but I can't remember which one. Do I even need a cab pack at this point with the new Quantum technology? Do you guys have any suggestions or helpful thoughts I can use?

Thanks

-Dan

There's so many variables to this. I do enjoy cab pack 10 for most of my favorite tones, but that is completely subjective.

Listen to clips and see if they're the tones your looking for.

I have a few of the Cab Packs. In addition to FAS, I really think Ownhammer, ML Sound Labs and The Cab (Amp) Factory produce some great IR's!

For someone just starting with IR's, the factory cabs are excellent and provide plenty of choices to find your footing.

The factory cabs have also evolved a little over time. So you likely will get some additions in future firmware.

I recommend using the factory cabs first and decide whether or not IR's are going to be a keeper in general for your work before purchasing additional IR's.

Back
Top Bottom