Help Please: New XL not registering input level

Anthony76

Inspired
Hi everyone I am new to the AexFx XL and have been trying to set it up, everything talks etc, but there is no input signal being registered. I have tried multiple leads and guitars. Probably new user error, any suggestions? Yes I have read manual and quick start guide and have followed the steps outlined.

Cheers
Anthony

Last edited:
When you say "no input signal being registered" do you mean when you have the INSTR IN parameter on the I/O page set at 100% you don't see any of the Input LED's on the front panel light up when hitting the strings? Not even the green ones? You may not ever tickle the reds depending on your guitar(s).

When you say "no input signal being registered" do you mean when you have the INSTR IN parameter on the I/O page set at 100% you don't see any of the Input LED's on the front panel light up? Not even the green ones? You may not ever tickle the reds depending on your guitar(s).

Yeah nothing at all, no led light up or movement at all

Cheers
Anthony

Are you getting sound?
Are you using the front panel instrument input? If so do you have the MAIN INPUT SOURCE on the AUDIO page of the I/O menu set to ANALOG (IN 1) ?

I know you said you followed the guides etc but it never hurts to double check. I am just trying to determine if it's just a matter of the LED's not lighting or a loose connection on the input jack or something along those lines that could be a relatively simple fix.

No worries thanks for your help

I can hear that when I engage a drive block the hiss/noise rises in the speakers as one would expect, but no actual guitar signal is present.

On the I/O page it reads

main input source analog (in1)
input 1 left select front
input 1 mode left only
input 2 mode left only
output 1 mode stereo

Try plugging your guitar in the Input 1 Left on the back and set the INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to REAR. Any sound? Also, I would definitely try a different instrument cable or at least make sure the one you are using is not the issue.

I would also contact support. There have been instances where a cable or connection has shaken loose in transit and you will just need to open it up and reseat them. They will walk you through it and be able to hook you up should it be something a little more serious. Don't fret, whatever it is FAS will stand by you.

By the way, welcome to the forum and Fractal community! You are going to love it.

Last edited:
Try plugging your guitar in the Input 1 Left on the back and set the INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to REAR. Any sound? Also, I would definitely try a different instrument cable or at least make sure the one you are using is not the issue.

I would also contact support. There have been instances where a cable or connection has shaken loose in transit and you will just need to open it up and reseat them. They will walk you through it and be able to hook you up should it be something a little more serious. Don't fret, whatever it is FAS will stand by you.

By the way, welcome to the forum and Fractal community! You are going to love it.

Ok so when I set it to rear input 1 Left it works! but not a thing through the front. Also I am running stereo out but only one side is passing sound

Ok so when I set it to rear input 1 Left it works! but not a thing through the front. Also I am running stereo out but only one side is passing sound

It sounds like your front panel input cable inside came loose. I don't know how comfortable you are opening up the unit but it's most likely a simple reseating of the cable and you should be good to go. I am guessing you are in Europe somewhere? G66 customer? They can walk you through it if you are not comfortable going solo. If you choose to open it up make sure you are careful when taking the lid off. The fan is attached to the lid and it's wire is attached to the motherboard so you will have to disconnect it to fully remove the lid. Simply check the input jack cable is seated properly and you should be good. Of course it could be a faulty jack or something entirely different but my money is on a loose connection. :)

Hey guys sorry forgot to post back, all sorted, it was the front input cable had came loose. A big shout out and thanks to Andrew from Independent Music (Australian dist.), for calling me on a Sunday afternoon.

Cheers
Ant

Hey guys sorry forgot to post back, all sorted, it was the front input cable had came loose. A big shout out and thanks to Andrew from Independent Music (Australian dist.), for calling me on a Sunday afternoon.

Cheers
Ant

Good that it sorted. And it seems like the people handling Fractal stuff around the world has the same great service.

Back
Top Bottom