HELP PLEASE: FIRMWARE 17.02 UPDATE "HOW TO"

I have read the manual. I also have Axe Edit and Fractal Bot on my Windows based laptop as well as the driver. (yeah I know my biggest mistake is not owning a Mac.... :lol ) Anyway, something is amiss. Every single time I try to open the file my Windows Media Player pops up and says that this player is not compatible with my file. Is there a video somewhere showing the steps? I looked around here as well and had no luck.

Thanks!!!

Download the right file (XL/I-II).
Unzip it.
Open fractal Bot.
With the Axe turned ON, chose the unity and the file you unziped on Fractal Bot and press Begin.
The whole process takes about 3 minutes, then the Axe will ask you to turn it off, wait 5 seconds then turn it on again.
Done..

Be sure your mfc101 is unplugged before you begin.

Double check your usb cable is inserted into the correct port on the back of the AXFX

be sure you are trying to open the file form within the fractal bot dialogue box, not just clicking on the file itself.

Doug,

Go to the homepage, click on support
download the firmware to your unit.

go to the directory you saved it to, and unpack the archive to your desktop (just so it will be easier to find it later)
download fractal bot, install it.

unplug your MFC 101 (if you have one)
start fractal bot,
select your unit from the drop down box
make sure you are on the "send" tab (in the top of the bot)
click on browse :
got to your unpacked directory, select the firmware file you just unpacked for example axefx2_17p00.syx)
click on the send button ..
wait a couple of minutes until the display on your unit says it is time to do a power cycle ..
shut down .. wait 5 sec .. restart ..
and bammm!!!

you'll be in business in no time

hope this help

Back
Top Bottom