Help, please: Axe-Edit says "Disconnected!" all the time

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
In this thread (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-shows-disconnected.128299/post-1861821), I posted a follow-up question because I can't get Axe-edit to work anymore. I posted this a few minutes ago, but it doesn't show up in "New posts" for some weird reason (???), so in order to hope for some response, I figured posting a new thread might be necessary. Apologies if this somehow results in a duplicate post.

Anyway, here's a copy of my plea for assistance:

I know this is a very old thread, but my Axe-Edit stopped working - says "Disconnected!" all the time. I followed the instructions above from Black Bitch but with no luck. I uninstalled the USB drivers several times, and reinstalled (from a fresh download), and tried the trick to uninstall Axe-edit altogether (then install drivers, and finally reinstall axe-edit), still no joy. This last trick, however, restored the Axe as one of my available audio devices (which wasn't available before uninstalling axe-edit), but still can't use axe-edit. Oddly enough, Fractal Bot works fine. WTH? Any tips or advice? Never had a problem before... this started acting up as I was trying to get Reaper to work with my XL (still no joy on that one either, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

new posts and what's new is slightly different. if you've viewed it, it doesn't show in one of those views. pretty sure i saw the thread bump.

what OS?

Thanks Chris... this is a Windows 10 system, worked fine until recently, now "disconnected!" all the time (even though the Bot sees my Axe just fine)

Has Win 10 updated recently? I've seen some very bizarre things happen after their downloads and they've never made me happy..... If this is the case can you roll back..... or perhaps if you have a second system to try it against you may be able to isolate the issue.

Windows updates cause this by me sometimes: Delete the FAS USB Driver and Axe Edit, then redownload both from the FAS website und install first USB Driver second Axe Edit. Should be fine after that.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I finally managed to get Axe-edit working. Oddly enough, on my most recent try (literally a few minutes ago), it still didn't work, but I went into settings and noticed that midi in and midi out were already set to Axe-fx, but I "reselected" both, it refreshed, and now connects properly. No doubt the various uninstalls and reinstalls of both the drivers and axe-edit itself were also part of the solution.

Anyhow, it's a bit of a mysterious black art to make this work, but thanks to all of you, I'm now back in business.

I had this happen a lot, too, that my PC didn't recognize the AxeFx (-> USB).
But, for me, this all happened with the change from Win7 to 10. With Win7, I installed the driver pack back then and could forget about it. Never anything like this happened. But with Win10 and it's 7684345 builds, updates and what not, every now and often I had to de- and reinstall the FAS USB driver pack. As the AxeFx wouldn't be recognized anymore.
For some time now, everything seems to have consolidated on this front and it's doing a pretty good and reliable job again. No more hassle and disconnections knocks on wood three times

Back
Top Bottom