Help on my live setup

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
After last weekends gig I was very happy with the FOH result, even I didnt have my own monitor so hearing myself on stage was abit difficult from time to time.
So from now on I was thinking like this. Feed FOH with output 1 right channel and left channel to my own FRFR JBL speaker as monitor on stage
What shall I think of here so I dont get strange/unwanted stereo effects, phasing trouble etc. All help on this routing would be welcome.
Also if you guys think for some reason this is not a good solution, let me know

thanks

A better way (imho) would be to feed FOH from output 1 as you are doing, but feed your JBL speaker from output 2. Go to the I/O -> AUDIO menu on the Axe and make sure COPY OUT1 TO OUT2 is set to ON. This way you will automatically have a dedicated volume control for your stage monitor on the front of your Axe FX - output level 2. It'll be much easier to adjust your on stage volume from there than having to bend down and fiddle blindly behind a PA speaker on the floor.

As for avoiding unwanted stereo effects, just run BOTH signals from the same side of their respective outputs. IE use output 1 LEFT and output 2 LEFT, OR output 1 RIGHT and output 2 RIGHT. This ensures that FOH and your JBL get the same signal.

If you use output 1 left and output 2 right and you're Axe is set to stereo mode, the speakers will be getting different signals on patches with any stereo effect or cab panning.

Thanks for input. Yea, I thought of out 1 and out 2 too. But the JBL is not powered so i have a poweramp just under the AXE so volume wise it not such a big hassle. if this works well, perhaps i getting rid of the jbl and poweramp and get a powered monitor to avoid too much carrying around stuff.

I think i got it covered in terms of checking so I have mony cabs, delays etc.

Good one on copy 1 to 2 in case i go that route

thanks

Hi, I use output 2 in copy mode too, mainly for the volume independance, but also for equalization independance. Actually I have to verify yet if using copy mode the output2 equalization is not bypassed, but I made a slight correction for my quasi-FRFR monitor to compensate some frequency resonance/lack, if the venue is not too large I will use my monitor as a cabinet, with a bit on the FOH. The output2 is completely flat, directly to the mixer board.

Back
Top Bottom