Help! No display!

Gizmo

Inspired
Grrr ... finally got the kids/wife out of the house and was looking forward to at least a few hours of playing and trying to program some new presets. I turned on Axe-Fx and no display! LED's work fine and I can hear sound, but no display. I actually had this sort of happen about a week ago - when I turned it on, it was like the contrast was set really low and I had to crank it up to max to barely read it. I started a post about it, but then all of a sudden it started working again. Now it has happened again and I can't see anything on the screen. Tried rebooting, same thing. Hit RECALL button, nothing. What's going on???

Also, can someone tell me exactly how to get to the screen where you adjust the contrast. I usually keep mine about 70% and want to try to adjust it to 100% to see if I can see anything. Of course, I can't see any of the screens right now so I would need to know exactly how many button pushes, etc. from startup to get there.

Thanks!!!

Hmmm ... been on for at least 5 minutes and now if I get real close, I can start to make out the screen. I think I can find the display contrast screen now! OK, can now read it with contrast at 100%, but it is still very dim. This is the same thing it did last week, almost like it needs to warm-up for a while. Are you sure this thing doesn't have tubes in it? :eek:

Does anyone else have this problem or does this need to be returned for a ? new LCD screen?

Gizmo said:
Hmmm ... been on for at least 5 minutes and now if I get real close, I can start to make out the screen. I think I can find the display contrast screen now! OK, can now read it with contrast at 100%, but it is still very dim. This is the same thing it did last week, almost like it needs to warm-up for a while. Are you sure this thing doesn't have tubes in it? :eek:

Does anyone else have this problem or does this need to be returned for a ? new LCD screen?

email support. This is not normal behavior.

stevieray said:
Anytime the display is blank hit recall to refresh it.

Thanks, but like I said in original post, I tried that and nothing happened. The problem is with LCD screen needing to warm up and as it does so the contrast increases slowly to normal. Email to support sent.

Same thing happened when I turned it on today. I timed it and it takes about 5 minutes before I can see anything on screen (have to look very closely) with contrast set at max. Takes ~20 minutes before screen is back to normal. No reply yet from support - hopefully will hear something this week.

Gizmo said:
Same thing happened when I turned it on today. I timed it and it takes about 5 minutes before I can see anything on screen (have to look very closely) with contrast set at max. Takes ~20 minutes before screen is back to normal. No reply yet from support - hopefully will hear something this week.

Have you checked your junk mail folder? The have been known to get sent there from time to time.

javajunkie said:
Gizmo said:

Have you checked your junk mail folder? The have been known to get sent there from time to time.

Good idea - nothing there. Probably no answer yet since it is the weekend. I'll email again if I don't hear anything in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom