help new fc 6

I just got a fm 3 two weeks ago and just received a fc 6, can I follow the omg 9 instructions that Cooper Carter has on his youtube channel? , because some of the screen displays that Cooper has does not match my screen layout. Displays have changed in two years I assume ?

You need to load the OMG9 layouts to get the OMG9 layouts. :)

Setup > FC Controllers > Reset > Load FM# + FC-6

yes I have already downloaded the OMG 9 software on my laptop, when I click on the fc configuration tab ( in fm 3 edit) the screen is not the same as Coopers screen page, I can not disable the fc 6 "layout mode" as Cooper instructs in the video, I only have 2 options, normal (sw. 1-6) or fc 12 mode, there is no way to default that settings. Can still install OMG 9 without the default opinion ?

Yes, you can install and use the OMG9, even if it doesn't look like the video, which sounds like it may be out of date (the FM3 has evolved a LOT in the last few years, and I know that Cooper addresses these changes in his course).

In fact, now you don't even need to "download it to your laptop" -- just use the following menu option to load OMG9 and make all settings automatically:

SETUP: FC CONTROLLERS: RESET: Load FM3 + FC-6 ("OMG9")

After doing this, I would recommend rebooting the FM3.

As far as the editor goes, FC-Edit was not designed to show both an FM3 and an FC-6 at the same time, so what you're seeing on screen will basically be your choice of one or the other. By default it will have the following settings which shows the FM3:
FM3-Edit 2022-07-01 15-23-39.png

To show the FC-6 side of the house, make these changes, selecting your choice of layout 1, 2, 3 or 5.
FM3-Edit 2022-07-01 15-26-22.png

Thank you for all your help, I figured it all on my own, I am not a tech head, all you had to say was to press the "page" button to stroll over to the "reset". Cooper Carter does not show you how to do this in masterclass. Tech people need to understand that some people need step by step instructions. Thanks again for the help

Yes, you can install and use the OMG9, even if it doesn't look like the video, which sounds like it may be out of date (the FM3 has evolved a LOT in the last few years, and I know that Cooper addresses these changes in his course).

In fact, now you don't even need to "download it to your laptop" -- just use the following menu option to load OMG9 and make all settings automatically:

SETUP: FC CONTROLLERS: RESET: Load FM3 + FC-6 ("OMG9")

After doing this, I would recommend rebooting the FM3.
M@- just for clarification, does this mean that all we have to do is the procedure you listed? So we don't have to do the "Installation and Setup" process, which includes "a few manual changes" as shown in the OMG9 mini manual?

M@- just for clarification, does this mean that all we have to do is the procedure you listed? So we don't have to do the "Installation and Setup" process, which includes "a few manual changes" as shown in the OMG9 mini manual?
If you want to use the OMG just do it from the new factory settings.

Back
Top Bottom