• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Help Needed with MFC - Not sure if Mechanical or Software/Setting Related

jandjrs

Inspired
The Axe-Fx II and MFC 101 have the latest updates, are connected with a Cat-5, and the MFC is in Axe-fx Mode using 5 Presets.

Everything was working fine 2 weeks ago. The next time I connected the units, I found that IA switches 16 & 17 (Tap Tempo & Tuner) are not working. When I depress IA 16 or IA 17, both switches "feel" and click properly. But when I depress either IA switch, Red lights appear above IA 16, IA 17 and Reveal for about 3 seconds and then the red lights turn off. Neither the MFC or the Axe-fx switch to tuner mode and the tempo does not change.

I can switch Presets using IAs 1-5, and activate IAs 6 thru 15, and Bank Up and Down.
I conducted a Reset of the MFC; Reset of the Axe-fx; and switched Cat-5 cables.

Although I use the front panel only (No AxeEdit), I never made any Setting changes between uses. In fact, I shut the unit down two weeks ago and started it back up on Sunday to find this issue.

Any suggestions?

RichHowe

Inspired
Have you tried resetting the MFC and then re-programming it? That seemed to work for a bunch of people after upgrading to the latest firmware.

jandjrs

Inspired
Thanks for your input Rich!

After I posted here, I realized that upon "booting up" the MFC the lights on the MFC scanned from 1 thru 15 and edit. And not 16, 17 and Reveal. As a result, I contacted fractal support (Fractal Audio - Powered by Kayako Resolve Help Desk Software). Matt responed with 2-3 hours and advised that the top row ribbon cable may have popped off. Rather than shipping it to Fractal, I decided to open the unit myself since I am out of warranty. Sure enough, I re-seated all of the ribbon cables and the unit is working properly.

Thanks Rich! and Thanks Matt for the quick response!

Top Bottom