help needed / weird sound since last gig !!!

unFILTERed

Power User
played a gig saturday night, 2-3 times my volume dropped and sounded more distorted four couple of seconds, it got normal again and i played the gig till end.

today is the first they i play the axe again and i realise there is a weird sound, mostly i hear it on patches with gain, distortion.
it sounds as if i have a bit crusher effect.

i tried with 3 different speakers (gt1000fx q12 - adam a5x - gt1000fx fender cab) all result the same.

i made new patch with just amp block, cab. its the same...i tried also different outputs on axe...ends up the same.

did any one had a similar issue, any idea whats going on?

Last edited:
swapped cables, guitars to rule out these issues?

any chance you have active pickups on the guitar and the battery is dying?

Only time I've heard really weird noises like that has been when there's been CPU overload (92%+).

But otherwise, standard troubleshooting would apply by following the signal chain - different guitar, different guitar cable, different cable from the Axe to the monitor, different output from the Axe to the monitor (switching from balanced to unbalanced or vice versa) and a different monitor.

For most of us, having a second Axe Fx is obviously prohibitively expensive. But I've gotten myself one of those Zoom MS-50g pedals that can be setup with different presets and I've done 3 very basic clean, crunch and lead for when the shit really hit the fan and I just need to get something working. Early days yet but I've never had to use it. It's probably like bringing an umbrella because it might rain. With the umbrella it never rains but you'll probably be wet if you don't prepare for it :)

For most of us, having a second Axe Fx is obviously prohibitively expensive. But I've gotten myself one of those Zoom MS-50g pedals that can be setup with different presets and I've done 3 very basic clean, crunch and lead for when the shit really hit the fan and I just need to get something working. Early days yet but I've never had to use it. It's probably like bringing an umbrella because it might rain. With the umbrella it never rains but you'll probably be wet if you don't prepare for it :)

Always good advice, better to have it and not need it then to not have and need it. It also makes for easy trouble shooting when you can't tell if it's guitar or processor when all else has been ruled out.

:) it exactly sounds like a bad pre amp tube...its not the cpu, i will bring my axe to axe fest in LA this
weekend.

can a crappy internal battery cause something like this? or some connectors inside came loose during transportation

Back
Top Bottom