Help Needed Signal Chain question?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Like title say i need some help for signal chain ,i need to know whammy and wah-wah position:s for signal chain. I use Whammy for drop tuning -5 semitones for few songs ,and also i use some Wah-Wah whit that preset. My questions is which of those two Wah-Wah or Whammy need to be first in chain ,because i notice there lots of difference if guitar goes first in Whammy and then Wah-Wah or guitar goes to Wah-Wah and then Whammy.

Which one is correct way

1 Guitar-Whammy-Wah-Wah-Amp block-
2 Guitar-Wah-Wah-Whammy-Amp block-

Whammy first in the signal chain, wah second. If you're pitching your guitar down, you want the pitched signal to be as clean as possible before going into any filtering (wah). That way, your guitar will track better and the wah will respond properly. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you prefer then same like derekmcelwee number 1 signal chain ,yeah i was pretty sure that is correct way if i trust my ears.

Whammy first in the signal chain, wah second. If you're pitching your guitar down, you want the pitched signal to be as clean as possible before going into any filtering (wah). That way, your guitar will track better and the wah will respond properly. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I would ever put in front of the whammy is compression. You want the most 'pure' signal so it has the best chance to track.

That`s nice info and sound cool ,i do not use that Axe:s Whammy. I use Original Whammy -5 semitones sounds enough pure for me ,i was tested also guitar which did have that -5 semitones pure down tuning. And my ears that Original Whammy did job very well to emulate that tuning ,i did sold that guitar away and i use only Whammy to emulate that tuning in few songs.

The only thing I would ever put in front of the whammy is compression. You want the most 'pure' signal so it has the best chance to track.

Back
Top Bottom