Help needed - serious issues!

Tomi

Im a user of Axe FX II and MFC 101 MARK III.

Before you ask any questions I wanna say that I’ve been having this issue over a year and nobody can help me. I’ve spoken to many people who have and use same gear and nobody knows what the hell is going on.

1) Firstly I’ve checked everything with my personal repair guy who is professional electronic – he checked both units inside for damages and connections, he checked all the inputs and outputs and connectors – they are all fine.

2) Ive have updated all the latest firmware. Ive check the issue on 6 different cables – they are all good. Also all possible connections: RJ 45 and XLR FASLINK with XA 1 module. Problem still occurs.

3) Ive compared all the settings midi/I/O with other users – we ruled out every possible problem.

So now whats seems to be the problem – When I turn on the axe fx II I got a hell of a letters displaying on MFC 101 – please look at the photos 1 and 2. Firstly I got dollars … and later they are changing into various letters.

Also I’ve recorded video (if someone need to see it while the problem occures) – when im chaning presets on MFC – I can't see the names just bunch of crazy letters. THAT’S ONE PROBLEM.

SECOND PROBLEM IS: that from time to time the DISPLAY FREEZES – and I see only ONE NAME f.ex. preset 01 MAIN DRIVE and that’s it. It connects with AXE FX II – chaning presets but NO DISPLAY on MFC 101. Those are my main two problems which I have from over a YEAR!

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: that this problem with $$$$$$$$ and diff letters occurs ONLY when I’m playing LIVE onstage !!!!! NEVER happened at home! (at home I only got names freezes of MFC 101)

PLEASE check photos and please help me cuz I’m furious after all those months. NOBODY knows when seems to be the problem !

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 36
Couldn't that be a corrupted preset that's jacking everything up? Maybe it's a patch you're using live but not at home so that's why it's acting up, live. I'd disconnect MFC do a full B/up and reset and restore. Then trytrack that corrupted preset?

Couldn't that be a corrupted preset that's jacking everything up? Maybe it's a patch you're using live but not at home so that's why it's acting up, live. I'd disconnect MFC do a full B/up and reset and restore. Then trytrack that corrupted preset?

I've already done all of it ... full restore each unit ... also im using all the presets all the time at home / rehearsal and even live ...

Any more ideas?

Using any other midi gear that could be causing a problem? Like a midi light controller? Really odd it only happens live. You mentioned RJ45 with FasLink adapter is this how you always connect the two. Sorry if I'm annoying just trying to help. Are the live outdoor gigs direct sunlight? Just wondering of a controller chip may be moving due to heat. Good luck with finding a solution, I feel your frustration.

Using any other midi gear that could be causing a problem? Like a midi light controller? Really odd it only happens live. You mentioned RJ45 with FasLink adapter is this how you always connect the two. Sorry if I'm annoying just trying to help. Are the live outdoor gigs direct sunlight? Just wondering of a controller chip may be moving due to heat. Good luck with finding a solution, I feel your frustration.

No big heat, mostly 19.00 / 20.00 shows. happens after i turn on the axe fx - after 20 min and couple of turn on offs its getting OK - but this is just sick - such gear for such money and such a f***** issues .... :( im just so frustrated that NOBODY can;t help me ... as for connections ive tried both ways - just the rj45 and nor the faslink via xlr - same problem - really i've ruled out JUST EVERYTHING :D

Have you tried a different mfc to see if it is the controller or the axe FX unit? this would possibly help narrow it down.

At any time has liquid come in contact with the unit?

The fact that the $$$$ issue only occurs when performing makes me think there is a short somewhere. Maybe a bad solder joint? Has the unit ever been dropped or taken a hit of some sort?

I'd be interested in hearing the problem once it's found. Keep us posted.

At any time has liquid come in contact with the unit?

The fact that the $$$$ issue only occurs when performing makes me think there is a short somewhere. Maybe a bad solder joint? Has the unit ever been dropped or taken a hit of some sort?

I'd be interested in hearing the problem once it's found. Keep us posted.

My good friend electronical engineer opened it and check all the things inside ... all seems to be working fine - he has no clue whats going on ... still trying to send it to G66 but they answered me that they wont service unit that was not purchased from them :( isnt that just sick and shamefull ?? makes me (user) feel like shit :( (with no help or support from only tech-support in europe)

I was getting all sorts of weird stuff going on including the $$$$$ after booting up so this is just a wild guess but when you updated the MFC did you set the "USB adaptor mode" back to OFF? I/O / midi / USB Adaptor Mode / OFF

I was getting all sorts of weird stuff going on including the $$$$$ after booting up so this is just a wild guess but when you updated the MFC did you set the "USB adaptor mode" back to OFF? I/O / midi / USB Adaptor Mode / OFF

Wild quess but that was the first thing i';ve checked ... Got another live show this weekend and again after powering on the axe fx i got $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for over 10 minutes then lost of weird letters till the end of show - but comunication with axe fx worked but mfc display still gone weird :(

That's a drag. If you figure it our please post it here. Mine is fine now but it did the $$$$$ when I first got it a month ago. I'm not playing live or I would have blown a ring gasket. No support? That is not a good situation. Did you always turn off the AXEFX before plugging and unplugging the MFC? There is a warning I just read in the manual about damaging the unit.

Back
Top Bottom