Help Needed Recording from USB Axe FX III USB Out to QuickTime on a MacBook`

DFauvre

Inspired
The first night I did this, it worked great. Now, when I record, I am also getting an unprocessed guitar along with the processed guitar tone going through the various blocks in the chain. No idea what happened or changed. On ONLY want the stereo signal from rows 2 and 4 in the grid. I do NOT want an additional unprocessed clean signal being passed through to QT on the Mac. Please advise on what settings in the FX III need to be adjusted. I have turned all unused rows, those that are not 2 and 4, volume all the way down in the output mixer. Doesn't help. So this unprocessed guitar signal is coming from somewhere OTHER than the grid. Thank you!~

It's hard to say without knowing the details of what you're doing. Maybe you're sending unprocessed signal through the grid to your output. By default, the DI goes to channels 5/6 of the USB returning to the computer.

you're not the only person trying to record audio in a video application having this trouble.

the issue is that the video apps are getting all the channels from the fractal and are just muxing them together. you need to either record audio in a separate app and then dub it into there video, or use something like loopback to control the routing into QuickTime

First, QT has a record option that is audio only. Doesn't seem to help. Second, when I did this the other night for the first time I did NOT get the extra unprocessed signal added in to the processed signal. Third, what app besides QT would you recommend? Thanks!

First, QT has a record option that is audio only. Doesn't seem to help.

this doesn’t change the fact that quicktime doen’t select between inputs and just mixes them together.

Third, what app besides QT would you recommend? Thanks!

people typically record video and audio with separate apps or even separate hardware, use a DAW app to mix the audio, and then use a video editing app to integrate the two. the point of the clapboard in movie production (and people clapping their hands at the beginning of youtube videos) is to generate a sharp sound and visual element so that it’s easy to sync the audio and video

if you're on a mac, imovie and garage band are free to use and will meet most of your needs

Back
Top Bottom