**Help Needed** pulled the cord out of the plug--what goes where?

tallcoolone

Inspired
Hey guys, at tear down last night our sound guy pulled my power cord out of the plug receptacle. I have a gig tonight and am not sure where the white and black wires go (I am assuming the green is ground/on the bottom). Thanks so much in advance!

9D51C18B-BCF3-4D1B-BA7A-0F2462D18AE5_zpsiadfes7p.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the cable? That isn't something that comes with the AxeFx...

That being said, the power is AC so it should not matter which side you connect which wire to as long as you get the ground wire correct. I think you are correct that the green wire is for ground and connects at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The screws should be two different colors, one silver and one brass. The white wire goes on the silver one and the black on the brass. As unix-guy pointed out it really shouldn't make a difference but swapping the wires will reverse the phase (polarity) of the power which could introduce some humming.

The screws should be two different colors, one silver and one brass. The white wire goes on the silver one and the black on the brass. As unix-guy pointed out it really shouldn't make a difference but swapping the wires will reverse the phase (polarity) of the power which could introduce some humming.

Good to know! I can see in the pic there are definitely 2 different screws. The more you know (tm). :)

The "smaller" of the two (brass) is usually the Hot, or black wire. The Silver is usually the common (white) wire, and yes Green is supposed to always be ground. That said, there is no telling what people did when the Electrician was on vacation...

Power cords are really cheap. why do you have one without molded ends? anyone that sells computer or electronic items should have them for $5-10 bucks

Yea this is on my front panel, not the AXE sorry. Thanks so much for the help guys. I def need a plug with some strain relief!

Back
Top Bottom