Help needed on presets transfer

coolgamer

Hello Fractal family !

Hope you're doing great !
I am the proud new owner of the FM9. I recently upgraded from the mighty reliable Axe FX2.
I tried to transfer my presets : did a backup of Bank A and converted it with fractal to fM9. I transferred the bank to the unit and all blocks were empty.
I then converted them again from fx2 to fx3 to FM9 and things look better ! Blocks are showing up some connections are broken but not that big of a deal.

Except No sound is getting out of any preset even after fixing the links.

little detail : on my fx2, I had an expression pedal from MI plugged to the MFC101 that controlled bu default Vol Input and Wah on all presets (courtesy of a cooper carter video). I don't know if this is what is making all the preset not react. Also, I would like to get the same thing on fm9.

Any help would be much appreciated !

I uploaded the bank file in case (fx2 and the conversion one)

Thank you so much for your support !

Attachments

• II-220917-213758-bank-A(AxeFx III)(FM9).syx
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • II-220917-213758-bank-A.syx
    810.9 KB · Views: 3
If you go to the Layout > Meters page, you’ll see exactly where your signal is dying.

IF your presets were using User cabs, thye might be missing on the FM9 and you'll get no sound until a proper IR is selected. The Axe III, FM9, and FM3 have more cab banks available than the Axe II did, so the indexing is different too.

IF your presets were using User cabs, thye might be missing on the FM9 and you'll get no sound until a proper IR is selected. The Axe III, FM9, and FM3 have more cab banks available than the Axe II did, so the indexing is different too.
that was my first check and some of them have them missing but even the ones who don't or after selecting ones still no sound

The Amp modeling (and other effects) have changed a lot since the Axe Fx II.

Conversion will mostly just transfer the "layout” of your presets. You should expect to need to reset various blocks and start over because they likely won't sound as expected.

Reactions: Rex
surprisingly it's in the amp section and the only way to get sound is to change the amp but I don't recognise the preset anymore...
I’ll bet you could get sound by finding an Amp parameter that’s turned down too far.

But @unix-guy is right. It’s unlikely that a direct copy of Amp block parameters from an Axe II to an FM9 would give you the same sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom