Help needed, is there any way to dial this out?

Deadpan

Inspired
Vendor
Hi Guys,

Loving the AX8, I am seeing a bit of noise when I let notes ring out.

Here is a sample, it starts about halfway when I let the notes ring:

Appreciate any assistance!

Last edited:
This is as unhelpful. Possibly more. :rolleyes:

Wasn't really trying to be helpful, merely speculating that most of the responses will be of the "if you stick your ear up against a cab speaker, that's what it sounds like" variety. Sorry.
-
Austin

Hi Guys,

Loving the AX8, I am seeing a bit of noise when I let notes ring out.

Here is a sample, it starts about halfway when I let the notes ring:

Appreciate any assistance!

Hi,

I have crappy headphones here so not very easy to understand your problem but I'll try a quick guess.
Reduce the level of your AMP block. My guess is that some frequencies (in the bass I would say) are saturating the output.

If the problem is solve by reducing the output, make sur that for all your patches, your level are below 0 on the VU meter (so that you have space hard playing or effects that will increase the level).

:)

I took it as a preemptive statement to responses to come.

I am sure it is really there in amps though I was hoping for a way to dial it out.

If I lower the gain it goes away but has too little gain and this is a pretty low gain patch to begin with.

I went through the amp menus, nothing seemed to get rid of it but some did cover it up a bit but changed the overall sound.

Was hoping that there is something I missed.

Thanks guys!

Hi,

I have crappy headphones here so not very easy to understand your problem but I'll try a quick guess.
Reduce the level of your AMP block. My guess is that some frequencies (in the bass I would say) are saturating the output.

If the problem is solve by reducing the output, make sur that for all your patches, your level are below 0 on the VU meter (so that you have space hard playing or effects that will increase the level).

Thanks, I will give it a shot!

The VU meter is really useful. And the point is that some time, when you let the notes ring, the level is actually a bit louder than when you play.

Additional question: how did you record your tracks?

Turn down Preamp Hardness and/or Power Amp Hardness depending upon the source of the distortion (preamp or power amp). If power amp distortion reducing negative feedback will also make the distortion "softer".

But, yes, that's what real amps sound like. Part of the problem is the latest crop of modelers (and profilers) use artificially soft waveshapers and have distorted the public's perception of what an amp really sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom