Help needed-Intermittent digital distortion from Axe Fx II (new)

DFauvre

Inspired
The Axe-FxII, intermittently, through USB into Logic>iMac will start to have distortion. This is NOT overdriving the meters on the Axe-Fx or in Logic. If I turn on/off the A-F II, it goes away, but might come back. I am running the most current firmware. This always happened with the original firmware. :nightmare:

According to Tone Merchants, where I bought the Axe-Fx II, this is an Apple USB sucks and Apogee Duet can't support aggregate devices issue. Sounds like it is as he could describe the behavior exactly, odd digital distortion that comes and goes, and odd 2-3 second delay that comes and goes, and does NOT show up out of the A-FxII headphone out. So...is there a mic pre/DAC like the DUET that supports aggregate? If yes, what? A Quartet? And...is the USB BETTER sounding than going through a pre? Seems a waste not to use it.

yes. see above. Apparently this is a known issue with the Apogee DUET. Does anyone out there have a mic pre/in/out device like the DUET that works with aggregate devices they can recommend so I can use the USB? Does the USB sound better? Or is going through a pre recommended?

intermittent digital distortion Mac USB

I get the same or similar noise once I connect AxeFX2 to USB Logic, goes away when disconnect USB. I noticed it does not occur for all other factory loaded presets just the 2 presets I downloaded from AxeChange, they are both at 98% CPU usage, would that have anything to do with it? or is it the USB?

No logic project is on 44.1 kHz, I tried alternative settings above but no difference to that sound.

Another source said it was the sound of the bit rate changing.

Back
Top Bottom