1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed ASAP!!

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by edo, Jun 2, 2018.

1. edo

edo
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

i’m about to play a gig and my ethercon connection failed on me again (timeout as soon as I step on any switch), so i’m running a midi connection as a backup instead. The problem is that normally I have the daw connected to axe fx midi in to remotely change scenes in a couple numbers when i’m away from the pedalboard. So I’m trying to connect the daw midi out into the mfc midi in for that, but it’s not responding to scene control like it normally does when the daw sends midi to the axe fx. What am I doing wrong?? Please, help me asap as we’re going on stage in 2 hours!

2. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse

Th MFC manual says

The MIDI IN port is used for firmware updates, for remote controlling the MFC-101, or for 2-way communications with an Axe-Fx when a single MIDI cable does not work.

I’m not sure MIDI signals go through it to the Axe how you’re expecting. Sorry.

Maybe someone else has an idea? You might have to stay by the board for this one.