Help need urgently, can someone help me?

Gene

Inspired
Hi all, I am getting ready to do a gig later and have a problem with my AX8.

In the output block in the grid when I press edit to adjust the scene level there is a message being displayed as follows:

OUT 1 BYPASSED.

I use out 1 for FOH and out 2 for my FRFR wedge on stage.

How do I take out 1 out of bypass mode?

Perhaps a silly question but I've read the output block part of the user guide and it doesn't actually tell you how to do it, just mentions that there is a bypass parameter. I have checked the Global, I/O and utility menus but can't see anything.

Can one of you AX8 users tell me? I'm under pressure here to get out to this gig in time as it's a long journey and I must leave early. So, I would appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.

E

I don't have an AX-8, I have Axe Fx II and now III.

From a picture of the unit and experience with other Fractal products, I would suggest the "FX Bypass" button on the front of the unit.

This might be a bug.

I didn't think there was a way to bypass the Output Mixer or anything within the Output Mixer. There's only the row levels and the main level.

Either way - when I bring up the Output Mixer on my unit, it is also flashing OUTPUT 1 BYPASSED, but I'm getting signal through just fine.

Thanks all for the replies.

I ended up using a Katana 100 on the gig which was just as well as the audience were falling in on top of us and our gear all night long and several pints spilled on the floor where floorboards were placed etc. We were on the same level as the dance floor as there was no proper raised stage for us. This is the joys of gigging in Ireland!! :)Had I had the AX8 with me it would have gotten fried!! So, turned out for the best.
After first half I grabbed the cheapest guitar I had with me and strapped it on as I had several near ones with a brand new Reverend guitar worth £900.......... I used a Harley Benton PRS 24 fret copy for the rest of the gig. I bought it for €222, spent a half day dressing frets and setting it up but it plays as good as a €700 guitar and sounds just as good too.

Just goes to show, for a little over €600 you can gig with a guitar and amp with built in fx and floor control and should the worst happen you are not out a fortune wearing an expensive guitar that gets smashed and your amp ruined LOL. Seriously though, it is good to have a set of gear for gigs when you don't know what to expect in the venue, kinda peace of mind.

I will check the AX8 again later to see if I can find any more out.

Last edited:
Hi all, I am getting ready to do a gig later and have a problem with my AX8.

In the output block in the grid when I press edit to adjust the scene level there is a message being displayed as follows:

OUT 1 BYPASSED.

I use out 1 for FOH and out 2 for my FRFR wedge on stage.

How do I take out 1 out of bypass mode?

Perhaps a silly question but I've read the output block part of the user guide and it doesn't actually tell you how to do it, just mentions that there is a bypass parameter. I have checked the Global, I/O and utility menus but can't see anything.

Can one of you AX8 users tell me? I'm under pressure here to get out to this gig in time as it's a long journey and I must leave early. So, I would appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.

E

I just checked mine - it does the same thing - message switches between Output 1 and Bypassed but doesn't seem to affect anything. Glad your gig went well!

Back
Top Bottom