HELP!!!! My Axe Just Stopped Working!!

Tonemaster

Inspired
Major badness just occured! My Axe stopped working in the middle of an edit session. I was editing a patch, using Axe Edit and it just stopped. The display on the unit went dark (although I can see it very dim) and the meter lights are not working. It looks like it's not receiveing any input. I tried the guitar/cable in another amp and it's fine. The editor on the unit seems OK, except for being dim. I can page and navigate

I've only had the unit one week, but I bought it used. The guy I bought if from had it in a studio for about a year and only had about 30 hours on it. I probably put time than that on it since I've had it.

Has anyone else had this happen?!!

If you look at the screen closely at an angle, if you can still see well enough to navigate the UI try going to Utilities and then adjusting the display contrast on the LCD page.

I tried turning the unit on/off several times...no luck.No display is the least of the problem. The unit is not showing that it is receiving any input, and hence no output.

That happened to mine once also.. Ended up having to power the unit down AND unplug it. I left it unplugged for a minute or 2. It's been fine ever since.

Tried unplugging the A/C and disconnecting the midi cables..no joy. I can send/receive patches from Axe Edit...make edits and save, etc... However, the display is dim and there is no sound and the led's are dark. They come on when I boot up, but then go dark in a second or two.

Tonemaster said:
I tried turning the unit on/off several times...no luck.No display is the least of the problem. The unit is not showing that it is receiving any input, and hence no output.

You should at least try my suggestion to see if it has any affect or not.
If you could see the display then you could check the global settings, etc, which you can't do from Axe-Edit AFAIK.

porieux said:
Tonemaster said:

You should at least try my suggestion to see if it has any affect or not.
If you could see the display then you could check the global settings, etc, which you can't do from Axe-Edit AFAIK.

Sorry for not acknowledging, but I did try this. The display got a little more contrasty, but not a lot brighter. I tried to check settings but was hard to see and didn't have much luck. I just shipped the unit to Fractal for service. I hope to hear back by the end of the week on the problem and estimate. I'm REALLY hoping it's nothing major. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom