Help me with this tone...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
I don't know if any of you are familiar with the youtube comedian Jarrod Alonge....but he's hilarious, and loves parodying genres. The crazy thing is there's some seriously fun/good music on his albums. One of my favs is off his Sunrise Skater Kids album that pokes fun at pop-punk/easycore, but the guitars sound amazing. The tones seem to fall somewhere between pop-punk and djenty/metalcore type tones...so I'd guess Mesa or maybe Friedman with a Mesa cab, but I don't dial these tones in every often and thought some of you gents could help. Here's a couple of vids for reference. (if you want a good laugh, watch Trigger Warning all thew way through)

@Guitarjon any ideas?

Last edited:
I agree it's a great tone...sorry I can't help with dialing in the tone though. Funny lyrics and way more enjoyable than MANY songs I hear on the radio :(

Can't be of any help whatsoever with the tones, sorry.
But that tune "Trigger Warning" was really well-done, and some really funny stuff...

Can't be of any help whatsoever with the tones, sorry.
But that tune "Trigger Warning" was really well-done, and some really funny stuff...
right? its almost annoying how good the songs are when it's a comedy album. he has another that skewers heavier genres, then a new album that makes fun of emo, and not he actually has a legitimate band with a KILLER female lead singer that's really good called Crazy Eighty Eight

Back
Top Bottom