Help me with my AX8

Rich413

Whats up everyone! Hope all is well. I've owned the Ax8 for just over a year now. To be completely honest I am blown away at fractals ability to get these tones so pure and real' I've always been a tube amp guy like I'm sure most of you were and still are so what I am getting at is I just cannot figure out how to use this unit.. I'm a plug and play type of guy and I feel if I mess around with my AX8 I will ruin it some how if that's even possible..
Do you guy's have any tips/tricks/ how to videos I found a few on Utube but nothing that shows me how to set up a rig. IR's. ECT.
I do not want to sell/trade it because of all the toys this thing offers! A buddy just offered me a Friedman Runt 50 with a Friedman 2x12 w/V30's for my AX8 and my Friedman ASM12.

Please help! I do not want to get rid my AX8! Save me!.

You need to be more specific about what you mean by set-up. Check the sticky threads for great tutorials. The manual outlines various setup methods.

What exactly do you want to do?

Build a signal chain with an amp and effects so I can turn the effects on and off as needed when playing a song.

Scenes are what you want to do in order to have effects on/off at the click of a switch. One switch can be set up to turn on multiple effects.

Check these out:

Thats what I'd like to try out' how do we do this

Go to the "Footswitches" button underneath the block window. It will pull up a window with the individual switches, which you can individually assign any effect in your preset.

Buying such multiefect you have to suppose spending some time how to setup and use according you want to. Maybe try the factory presets and if there is some tone you like to, simply copy it to your new preset nr. and little bit modify if you need.
Always is possible maybe find on the net some free presets or buy ready made presets.
I bought some presets, little bit modified it and saved a lot of time. 15€ is not a killing amount. On the other side working with AX8 and trying to find tone you want is a relax for me.

I am not an expert at this, but I would suggest try setting up with using an amp, cab, and fx that you have
actually used. you already have an idea of the sounds you get when using the real equipment.
so, now try to recreate that with the ax8.

arrange the fx blocks (& pedals) in the same order as on your pedalboard.
also, use ax8 edit

Thanks bro. ill give that a try. Just downloaded the FracPad, so much easier to navigate for me anyways. I am figuring out how to use it a little more each day, Problem I am having now is getting my stuff to save to the pedals I want them to. this hole X-Y is a bit confusing for me. Ive used tube amps since I started playing almost 28yrs ago now and I love how you have all these amps/cabs/effects right at your finger tips. Kinda spoils you with the endless options that are available to use. I am hooked for sure!

Back
Top Bottom