Help me with AER Compact 60 amp

i think your AER effects loop is off. please test it without the FX8 first.

Hello !

My AER 60 and FX8 didn't match with their FX Loop.

IN 2 (POST) VOLUME PEDAL 2 is not work.
* In this case, intensity of internal effect can operate with EV-1. - Not Volume.

OUT 1 (PRE) VOLUME PEDAL 2 is Work.
* In this case, intensity of internal effect can not operate with EV-1. - Volume works well.

AER user's manual said about FX Loop as following,

"The Compact 60 has a built-in (internal) digital effect processor.
The return control determines the intensity of the internal effects (left stop = no effect).
Furthermore an additional effects unit (external effect) may be connected.
For this purpose please use the send and return sockets located on the back of the amplifier (send goes to In-put, return is connected to the output of the external effects device).
The intensity is then adjusted at the external effects unit.
The external effects loop works in ‚parallel' mode, i.e. the effect signal is blended with the original signal.
A standard double foot switch can be connected to the foot switch socket on the rear of the amp with a stereo cable.
This switch can be used to turn the internal and external effects on and off."

What should I set with IN 2 (POST) VOLUME PEDAL 2 ?

The external effects loop works in ‚parallel' mode, i.e. the effect signal is blended with the original signal.
because of this, you can never turn down the volume all the way using the FX Loop.

i highly suggest not using 4 cable method with this amp, as it is not designed for that. i would simply run the FX8 before the amp. you can use a short 1/4" cable to link the FX8 Pre Out to the FX8 Post in, and then won't need to adjust any of your presets.

set your volume pedal for Out 1 Pre to control your volume.

Wow !

O.K I should follow you or never use this amp for FX8.

Thanks a lot !!
you can use the amp. just not in the 4 cable method. use it as i suggested. this is an acoustic guitar amp and the Effects loop is not the same as a typical electric guitar's effects loop.

Back
Top Bottom