Help me understand what's going on here with levels

bjjp2

Power User
I'm kind of baffled, although I'm sure it's something simple. Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting ready for an important gig. I usually run Output 1 to amp and cab and Output 2 to FRFR.
See the 5 blocks on the bottom of my chain and then see the levels.
1. No idea why the Return is showing only input (green bars) on bottom when the Send shows equal levels on both top and bottom.
2. The PEQ that comes next in the chain now normal level on top but level way in red on bottom.
3. Next in chain is Cab and a split to Output 1 (for power amp and cab). Now both show way in red on top and normal on bottom.
4. Output 2 then showing higher on top, but neither in the red.

I realize I'm not showing you all the settings, but I've checked all these blocks and I don't see anything that would account for these shifts. Nothing is panned left or right for example. Any thoughts? I seem to be missing something fundamental. What could be causing this? Thanks!

EDIT: To see images you have to click on them because so big I guess. Working on a fix.

The two top bars are INPUT, the two bottom ones are OUTPUT.

So it's looks like you have cranked LEVEL (or GAIN) in the PEQ block (= OUTPUT), which is reflected in the clipping INPUTs of CAB and OUTPUT 1.

The two top bars are INPUT, the two bottom ones are OUTPUT.

So it's looks like you have cranked LEVEL (or GAIN) in the PEQ block (= OUTPUT), which is reflected in the clipping INPUTs of CAB and OUTPUT 1.

Makes sense. Will check that. Thanks.

Yeah, all sorted. Combination of me not understanding what bars represented and not realizing, or forgetting, that the PEQ block had 3db boost in it!

Back
Top Bottom