Help me get started on Edit

Intheband

Inspired
Hello all! A big thank you for all the hard work on this system. I am a long time guitar player that have been a die hard tube amp guy. I am sold over with this system. With the demands for effects in modern music, this really is the ticket. Anyway, I am hacking through all the manuals and moving along pretty well. I am stumped right now on the MFC 101 Edit program. I have downloaded all the names for presets to the MFC Edit. Have watched to youtube video several times. On the "presets" tab, the top left allows me to select, copy and paste. A block opens up to select where to paste. I chose preset 100 and pasted to preset 1 in the pop up box. It shows the words MFC 101 with a plus sign. I clicked all the check boxes and thought it would have carried the preset 100 name over. Also, in the video, it says that a + sign preceding means a "copy" of the original preset. Am I not electing the original preset? I am just trying to set up a basic 5 bank preset list. Am I doing this right? Do I have to type in the name of the preset(or whatever) in the box before I copy and paste?
After I get this going, I just save to file>send to MFC101 via Fractal bot?

Thanks

Well, I was just being cautious so as not to screw anything up. I went ahead and copied and pasted 5 different presets to the pop up box in the preset tab page. I saved it under FIRST TIME TRYING, no dashes of coarse, then sent it to the MFC 101. No fast link connected, only midi and 9volt and my computer via midi interface. Completed dump of correct file FIRST TIME TRYING. Nothing, no changes to presets or IA. Original demo settings still in place.

I use a different controller than MFC, but I think you trying to use the MFC editor for what u should do with AXedit. The MFC should pick up automatically presets in the AXE

presets are named in the axe fx when you save them. as @addedc posted you can do this with axe edit. in set list mode or song mode in the mfc, this will put your presets in a song/ set order, but the song name only displays for a short time I think.

Thanks for the reply. I am just trying to do some very basic changes to my MFC. I have the demo installed on it now. I want to change the five preset switches on the bottom to presets I have found on the AXE FX that I like better. I want AXE FX preset #100 on MFC switch 1. I can't seem to do that. I tried using MFC edit, watched the video 4 times, tried to download a file to MFC, didn't take. Same old demo presets on MFC. I have searched the owners manual on how to assign a preset to a switch on the MFC (pushing metal buttons). Nothing, only garb defining what a preset is. Not how to use it. I have tried pushing edit>Preset on the MFC but don't get anywhere when I try to change on the AXE FX and save. Same old demo presets. : /

The preset buttons on your controller can call up ANY preset. You use the preset and bank up/ down buttons to scroll through the presets that are in your AXE and select the one you want. You may need to put the presets in the AXE into the right numeric sequence to have #100 appear on switch one. (I believe that would be position 1, 7, or 13, etc., counting up by 6, if you have six preset switches.)

For example, if you want to call up preset 100, hit the Bank Up about 16 times, you will see #100 in the menu, probably on switch 4. if you want it on switch one, use AXEdit to move it down three positions or up three.

Oh wow, ok. Thats going to take a lot of reworking on my part for what I have planned for preset order. Wanting clean , clean delay, crunch, lead, lead2, then bank up and have another set but different, then bank up and have ambient 1-5 etc. Think I need to rethink my approach.

moving presets around in the axe fx with axe edit will be the simplist way for you to accomplish your preset task. but you could use song mode or set mode in the mfc to put your presets in order. you may also want to learn about scenes, you can go from clean to lead or what ever in the same preset. there are 8 available scenes to every preset.

That's kind of what I do. Use the AXEManage in the editor to put them in order. Assuming you Don't use any of the first 15, just delete them (it's easy to load them back). Put your cleans in 1, 6, 11, etc.

Great info! Thats got me in the right direction. I wish I could use song or set, but we never play the same set. Its different every week. We may come back to same songs but never in the same order and we space them out as far as we can.
So cool, weekend project AXE Edt >Manage>editor. ( Im not sure how to recall a deleted preset so I will just move them above 384.

with the set list on the mfc you can program many set lists. but that was not what I was actually referring to. you can use it to put presets in the order you want in the mfc with out effecting the axe fx order. even if you are not actually using it as your bands set list. But still axe manage for me is way simpler. scenes are even easier for me. I set up all my presets the same, but with different amps. scene 1 rhythm, scene 2 clean, scene 3 lead, scene 4 special effect rhythm, scene 5 special effect lead. and the other scenes may or not be used. you can set the mfc up to have 5 scenes on the bottom and presets on top with out using revel. I use bank size 0, and only about 5 or so presets, so I just toggle the presets up and down with the up down buttons and scenes are on 1-5, and stomp IA's on 6-16.

That sounds like a cool set up. I am still trying to wrap my head around scenes while digesting all the other new info. The only thing that deters me from scenes is I believe I read that you cannot use external midi. I am hoping to pull in a pre amp or two as well. Favorite pedals etc.
Btw, thanks for getting me straight on assigning my presets. Made changes in the order I want no prob last night.

Back
Top Bottom