Help me find this movie.

Narzugon

Power User
I was talking with some friends about movies and one came up that we can't figure out the name. The only clues I have are a wide date range and what the movie was about. I'm guessing the date range would be late 90's to mid 2000's.

A group of college kids go in search of a deadly man like creature which supposedly resides on a remote northern island. Near by is a fishing village on the mainland who periodically take peace offerings. If memory serves the kids are killed. A female friend of that group arrives late (lucky her). She finds the creature and discovers the unfortunate demise of her friends.

From there the twist is the creature turns out to be man like and intelligent. He begins to confide in her and she learns of the unfortunate events that led to his imprisonment on that island.

Does anyone know the name of this movie?

I used to work in a video store in the late 90's and watched literally every horror movie we had. Unfortunately, this one isn't ringing any bells, well rather too many bells, but none specifically where the last remaining survivor makes friends with the beast.

I used to work in a video store in the late 90's and watched literally every horror movie we had. Unfortunately, this one isn't ringing any bells, well rather too many bells, but none specifically where the last remaining survivor makes friends with the beast.

Yeah, kinda the norm with the exception of making friends. IIRC she talks him into coming back to America hoping that will help his situation (can't remember the details) and instead of help the media wanted to exploit him. Seems like this was one of those odd movies that you think is going to be run of the mill but ends up being good. I'd have to see it again to really say.

Story of my life man, story of my life.

Which part? Cant remember shit?

The creature speaks english? This is a very odd amalgam of classic horror concepts. So far we have:

College kids go searching for creature
Local village makes offerings
Creature is intelligent
Creature confides in last survivor
Creature is brought back to the US and Media exploits

That mix rules out all the classics, so we're looking for a B-Movie at best. If it wasn't a horror movie, I'd say it was George of the Jungle.

Edit: I'm stumped. I can't figure out anything that meets that description. Here's a list of monster movies to look through though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monster_movies

Last edited:
I'm getting a pretty strong Lovecraft vibe from this one. It wasn't a group of kids from Miskatonic university traveling to Innismouth, was it?

could almost be King Kong ;)

And btw Sidivan... you are the BOMB!!! Introducing Logical thinking into a bad b movie conversation HAHAHA!!! :lol

The creature speaks english? This is a very odd amalgam of classic horror concepts. So far we have:

College kids go searching for creature
Local village makes offerings
Creature is intelligent
Creature confides in last survivor
Creature is brought back to the US and Media exploits

That mix rules out all the classics, so we're looking for a B-Movie at best. If it wasn't a horror movie, I'd say it was George of the Jungle.

Edit: I'm stumped. I can't figure out anything that meets that description. Here's a list of monster movies to look through though: List of monster movies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah definitely wasn't a classic nor had a marketable creature (ie: Freddy Kruger, Jason, etc). And was English speaking. I wish I could remember what he looked like. I don't remember any details about his appearance at all. It's obviously been a long time since I seen it but I remember walking away from it thinking that it was really a good movie. So we're not talking cheesy type B-Movies.

Edit: Actually I do recall the he was large in stature. But I can't remember if he was ape, demon, mutant or whatever.

I went through that list and came up with nada. :\

I'm getting a pretty strong Lovecraft vibe from this one. It wasn't a group of kids from Miskatonic university traveling to Innismouth, was it?

You may be on to something. My initial dig on this didn't come up with anything but I'll dig more this evening.

Last edited:
I know the movie, the villagers get the girl drunk and she wakes up at the creatures lair as a sacrifice. He looks somewhat like the Jeepers Creepers monster and can't be killed, and talks about watching humans evolve through time. The girl talks him into going back to the mainland and going public. It was made in the mid to late 2000's but I don't remember the name. ?

I know the movie, the villagers get the girl drunk and she wakes up at the creatures lair as a sacrifice. He looks somewhat like the Jeepers Creepers monster and can't be killed, and talks about watching humans evolve through time. The girl talks him into going back to the mainland and going public. It was made in the mid to late 2000's but I don't remember the name. ?

I'm not sure about the Jeepers Creepers monster (see above) but otherwise you nailed it!

He had horns that had been broken or sawed off, but did look like the Jeeper Creeper thing somewhat. This drives me crazy I can remember much of the detail but not the name of the movie. I'm thinking it was released in 07

He had horns that had been broken or sawed off, but did look like the Jeeper Creeper thing somewhat. This drives me crazy I can remember much of the detail but not the name of the movie. I'm thinking it was released in 07

That rings a bell. I kept wanting to say he reminded me of Hell Boy but I didn't know why I was thinking that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom