Help me figure out if I can do this...

Frac-man

What I want to do...

I have an acoustic with two separate outputs PIEZO and MAGNETIC pickups. I want to run both into the AX8 separately and then have a preset or scene that I can have my acoustic sound(its just a CAB and IR with REVERB no AMP) but then hit a button and it changes so it has a AMP and a different CAB IR and CAB and THE INPUT needs to be changed as well I don't want both signals at once

have the Scene set the Amp to Bypass, and set the Amp Bypass Mode to Mute, engage the FX Loop block for Piezo. do the opposite for electric only (bypass and Mute Bypass Mode for FX Loop block).

Insert the FXLoop parallel to the amp block, run it into the cab block along with the amp block. Cab X is for your amp block, Cab Y is for your FxLoop. On Scene 1, bypass Amp & have Cab Y selected, on Scene 2, Bypass FXLoop, enable Amp Block & Select Cab X. Page 63 in the manual has a picture with a similar setup, only it bypasses the cab block, so you would just route it a little bit differently. Make sure bypass mode is set to Mute, this setting combined with the bypass states is how you're switching from one input to the other with no overlap.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not sitting at my unit so its just off the top of my head, I've never actually done anything like that myself...I just use the fxloop as a separate output to run a traditional amp/cab.

Oh, your second input will go into the FX Return, nothing should be plugged into FX Send.

edit: chris beat me to it while I was typing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom