Help me dial a detune preset with controllers

Darki

Hi everyone,
I was trying to dial a detune that detunes only after I play... But I don't know how to do that! I can use an LFO to get the kind of wave of detune I want, but I don't know how to get it to start only when I play... Is it even possible?
And one more thing, is it possible to get the detune to not sound so chorusy and just like a detune?
Thanksss

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I was trying to dial a detune that detunes only after I play... But I don't know how to do that! I can use an LFO to get the kind of wave of detune I want, but I don't know how to get it to start only when I play... Is it even possible?
Thanksss
I believe the LFO has a Run switch? If so, assign the Envelope controller to the LFO Run switch.

What parameter have you assigned the LFO to?

A Detune is essentially a Chorus with no "movement"... Adding an LFO is probably what is making it sound like a Chorus.

Explaining more precisely what you are wanting to accomplish is the best option.

If you're chasing a recorded tone, post an example.

Rereading your original post, I'm not sure how an LFO would be used to trigger the effect after you play or even when you start playing.

I have no exact reference... Maybe the LFO isn't right, I'm quite new to this, but it was giving me what I wanted. The idea is to have a chord and have it detune after I play it...The only thing I can remember now is like those lo fi synths that are emulating the old cassete tapes

I have no exact reference... Maybe the LFO isn't right, I'm quite new to this, but it was giving me what I wanted. The idea is to have a chord and have it detune after I play it...The only thing I can remember now is like those lo fi synths that are emulating the old cassete tapes
So... You want to play a chord and then the Detune kicks in as the chord sustains?

I'm wondering if maybe you want a modulated delay like the Deluxe Mind Guy model?

What parameter have you assigned the LFO to?

Maybe try using the Envelope controller assigned to Mix, but set to inverse so it has a higher value as the input is less?

No, I don't want the chord to sustain, I just would like the signal to have tuning variations? Does this make sense?

if it was me, i'd attach envelope to one of the detune parameters with a slow attack. i'd turn down the other detune and put mix at 100%

if it was me, i'd attach envelope to one of the detune parameters with a slow attack. i'd turn down the other detune and put mix at 100%
Well yes that makes sense, but won't that just detune down? I wanted that kind of wave like tuning down and up

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. Attach an lfo to the detune and attach envelope to the depth of the lfo. The adsr might get you better results than the envelope, although I think I would do it with an expression pedal, to get complete control over it

I did so, but it sounds chorusy even when I turn off the second detune and have mix at 100%. I don't know what I might be doing wrong!!

you may be hearing your guitar strings at the same time. try recording it, or turning up the volume, or wearing headphones

Already did, must be something else
Got it, I had stereo chain and the pitch block was after the split on only one of the sides

Last edited:
I still seem to have a very prominent attack vs when I have it turned on, it almost seems like delay, this time I'm sure I'm having no there chain. influences, why is this happening? Is there a way to minimize it?

there is a little bit of latency in the pitch block. not much, but you will feel it.

you have another option and that's to use the chorus as a vibrato

try this

put a chorus block before the amp and select digital mono
make sure the delay parameter in the chorus block is set as low as it will go.
set the lfo phase parameter to 180 degrees
set mix to 100%
attach your pedal to the depth parameter
in the amp block, set the input select parameter to "left only"

Back
Top Bottom